Mod Request

FinestHops

This at first is primarily to gauge if what I am requesting is even possible.  

Based upon the idea of more build

• Is it possible to create a mod that adds additional things such as invisible walls that can not be destroyed?
  • "2 way mirrors" that can be seen through in 1 direction but not the other? (ADMIN SPAWN ONLY)

Locks

• Is it possible to make a mod that can assign a keyid to a door?
  • Many times doors in maps do not have locks. We would really like to be able to give them locks with a simple interface.

Text distance

• Ability to limit the distance that text can be seen in the chat box from

Admin tag

• To remove the "Admin" Label before an admin account. 

I have no idea if any of this is even really possible. 

Not invisible.  But If you use the clone tool in Necroforge, whatever walls or items you place down off of it will be indestructible. 

Text distance can be modified in the server.ini file. Default setting I think is 50 tiles.   You can also /whisper and /shout for shorter or longer chat lengths. 

There is a mod called "Do I Key for this".  Or titled something like that.  

The rest maybe someone else can help with. 

1 hour ago, Paul Redeker said:

Not invisible.  But If you use the clone tool in Necroforge, whatever walls or items you place down off of it will be indestructible. 

Text distance can be modified in the server.ini file. Default setting I think is 50 tiles.   You can also /whisper and /shout for shorter or longer chat lengths. 

There is a mod called "Do I Key for this".  Or titled something like that.  

The rest maybe someone else can help with. 

"Text distance can be modified in the server.ini file. Default setting I think is 50 tiles.   You can also /whisper and /shout for shorter or longer chat lengths. "

Which setting is it? Is the text distance tied in with the "voice distance" setting?

22 minutes ago, FinestHops said:

"Text distance can be modified in the server.ini file. Default setting I think is 50 tiles.   You can also /whisper and /shout for shorter or longer chat lengths. "

Which setting is it? Is the text distance tied in with the "voice distance" setting?

VoiceMaxDistance.  Actually that might be for in game VOIP.  I thought it was for text.  Probably not.  I'm not sure how far /Whisper goes. 

15 minutes ago, Paul Redeker said:

Anyway to make more lock combinations.  I think there is only like 8 or 12 different possibilities with locks/keys for the base game. 

To be honest I have never even seen a single combination padlock in PZ, ever. I have no idea.

Far as they Setting KeyID for doors is going to work, It'll be a Brush (Like Keymaker) that will be able to pick the ID from one door and Apply it elsewhere, generate a random one or input one directly (Probably by inputting a number into the Module.ItemID field that is then used as they KeyID).

I'll look into invisible walls too but no promises on that one. I may have glitched something to act like a 2 way mirror when working on some NF brush some time ago but I ahve no clue if I can recreate the effect because I don't remember what I did and to what I did it to.

1 minute ago, Svarog said:

To be honest I have never even seen a single combination padlock in PZ, ever. I have no idea.

Far as they Setting KeyID for doors is going to work, It'll be a Brush (Like Keymaker) that will be able to pick the ID from one door and Apply it elsewhere, generate a random one or input one directly (Probably by inputting a number into the Module.ItemID field that is then used as they KeyID).

I'll look into invisible walls too but no promises on that one. I may have glitched something to act like a 2 way mirror when working on some NF brush some time ago but I ahve no clue if I can recreate the effect because I don't remember what I did and to what I did it to.

Bad wording.  I should have key/lock sets.   Not combo locks.   I think there is a 12 or less "sets" of keys in the game.  So if you collect enough keys, you can unlock everything.  Might have changed in an update or I could be wrong.  

1 minute ago, Paul Redeker said:

Bad wording.  I should have key/lock sets.   Not combo locks.   I think there is a 12 or less "sets" of keys in the game.  So if you collect enough keys, you can unlock everything.  Might have changed in an update or I could be wrong.  

Every Key, Door and Vehicle have a randomly generated KeyID stat that is 8 digits I think. I never played around with keys much but I'm also fairly certain I never ran into two houses using the same KeyID.