Claiming a self built base as a safehouse

GoatLover

I hosted a server and created a base but can't claim it as a safehouse, no matter where I right click. I then tried it on game-created buildings, everything was fine, claiming works just as expected, but never works for any base I build. Help.

AFAIK, you cannot claim something that is not set up as a residential lot.

Some people worked this around by extending the base to a nearest house and using the house to 'claim' it, you could try this approach.

I don't know whether you can claim non-residential lots currently (like malls, shops, warehouses). Some time ago I was able to claim them, but I think that was a bug. But you definitely can't claim a non-lot.

25 minutes ago, GoatLover said:

I hosted a server and created a base but can't claim it as a safehouse, no matter where I right click. I then tried it on game-created buildings, everything was fine, claiming works just as expected, but never works for any base I build. Help.

You can't claim player made structures.  Must be a game made structure that has a bed and is not labeled as non residential.   Previously you could claim any building but it was Build 35 or 36 where they created additional reqs to avoid players taking over high interest areas (warehouse/pd/etc.) 

The suggestion has been made for admins to be able to make safehouse claims similiar to pve zone set ups.  So maybe in the future. 

Player made structures allowed to be privated + disabled  "allow safehouse tresspassing" can lead to so many LULZ :-D

1 cell-wide privated building around somebody's house can make so many trolls happy 

Or you can draw a house around big food shop, for example, preventing other players  to enter it 

Or split a city by half's 

Or.....

oh, stop it ! 

1 hour ago, DobriyDed said:

Player made structures allowed to be privated + disabled  "allow safehouse tresspassing" can lead to so many LULZ :-D

1 cell-wide privated building around somebody's house can make so many trolls happy 

Or you can draw a house around big food shop, for example, preventing other players  to enter it 

Or split a city by half's 

Or.....

oh, stop it ! 

Easy to prevent procedurally.

Limit base size, allowed coords for zone .ect.

Legitimately simple stuff.

Archived