To developers.

scarhand

First of all i'd like to thank to developers for creating this amazing game. When i first bought the game i was hooked immediately. I started to playing solo but  i kinda got bored after a while then i tried multiplayer and oh boy it was a whole different experience.  But in the same time i felt sad because i thought this game didn't get the recognition it's deserved in my country(Turkey). 

That's when i decided to make our own community. So i paid for a dedicated server and website(different server) out of my pocket to make this game more popular. I spend countless hours on website mostly translating wiki, design. I stayed on server for countless hours just to help new players so they wouldn't say man this game is so complicated. I gifted this game to around 15 people just so game would get more popular. 

But;

You guys couldn't even fix damn Pour into thing for months. 

You guys broke the damn linux server. (I've already created a post about it but no help.)

You guys don't give a shit about the game. (I know you guys try to make animations and vehicle thing but fuck this it's been years and we just recently get to see the cars.)

I just feel cheated. I fucking spend my own money to advertise this game in my country and most importantly i spend my time to create something to help people. Yet i don't ask for anything other than support for this game. But all i get is 

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: zombie.core.znet.PortMapper._discover()V
        at zombie.core.znet.PortMapper._discover(Native Method)
        at zombie.core.znet.PortMapper.discover(PortMapper.java:20)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:560)

I'm out. It's been fun. I wish i could do more. 

Good luck on development. I hope my kids get to see NPC's, animations and cars. 

TL;DR:

Loved the game, created a Turkish community with server and website. Spend hours to teach people. Got fucked with last update because apperenlty they don't give a shit about linux.

Money spend: 75Dollars a month for server. x 6 = 450 

Time spend: 550 h ingame, at least 200 h out of game = 750 h

What i get? A fucking error with no help.

*English is obviously not my first language and i'm bit mad. Sorry about grammar mistakes.

These things happen when you decide to go with the unstable/testing build version.  If you want stability for your server,  switch back to 37.14 stable and wait til 38 reaches stable.  Whenever you decide to go with a test build for something, assume things WILL break and no warranty or guarantees apply.

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

These things happen when you decide to go with the unstable/testing build version.  If you want stability for your server,  switch back to 37.14 stable and wait til 38 reaches stable.  Whenever you decide to go with a test build for something, assume things WILL break and no warranty or guarantees apply.

It is the public build.

Your error is not reproducible on  Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS with PZ's dedicated server package or public build of  38.21.

I can only guess that you're perhaps using an out-dated launch script, wrote your own launch script, are missing certain dependencies (but it really should result in a different error), or Steam messed up the update (as others have suggested in other threads).

75 bucks spent and you have a linux... who has a linux anymore ?! Also, just post more about the issue if anything and you would have gotten your answers. It's not like the server can't be rebuild or something, not to mention that there have been other server hosters who complained but are waiting for fixes. So, if you're out, sorry to hear that, but don't swear just cuz ur mad. Damn.

It's a shame to see a community member go even if it was in a blithering cursing rampage. The game development is slow no one can deny, and the developers are not perfect as you can no one also deny. One day we'll have the features that were talked about it is just a matter of time with the whole thing, my biggest fear is that someone will end up making a game to replace this one that basically just carbon copies the ideas of the game but makes it more accessible and developed. You spent your money on the game when you didn't have to and you did a good thing that i'm sure multiple people appreciated.

10 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

Let me guess - you're russian?

So, as moderators did not remove your comment: what was that? Xenophobia? You have anything against Russians? Well I am Russian, you can speak to my face now.

But I think you are just being biased and definitely not attentive enough to read the post. If you've read it, you'd notice OP talks about Turkish community, not Russian one.

4 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

75 bucks spent and you have a linux... who has a linux anymore ?!

You'd be surprised how the Linux family is currently more popular than Windows XP and Windows 8. And yes, I'm talking desktops here, servers are 95% *nix-based. Usage share of operating systems (Wikipedia)

We actually should praise TIS team for making Zomboid playable on Linux, and I have played it on Linux too.

2 hours ago, rez said:

So, as moderators did not remove your comment: what was that? Xenophobia? You have anything against Russians? Well I am Russian, you can speak to my face now.But I think you are just being biased and definitely not attentive enough to read the post. If you've read it, you'd notice OP talks about Turkish community, not Russian one.

Pretty sure he is Russian, so he got the benefit of a doubt. Can't warn people for not reading a post properly.

26 minutes ago, EG Bot said:

Noticed fine, but can't verify and upload it myself. It did go on with 38?

Hope we never have a build that long again.

We all hope so XD To be honest, what makes a game great is a community. Since the community provides feedback and ideas to the game itself. Spotting all of these things in build 38 might set some stones for later on in the future and make it easier. I would actually go and say that build 38 could be seen as mainly a bug breaker that was needed in a lot of cases. Anyway, I'll be waiting out the future updates and early testings to do my part as a member.

I've had problems with Project Zomboid in Linux in the past - I just fixed them myself. Linux users are expected to have a little know how when it relates to troubleshooting their own issues.  Expecting or even going so far as demanding help from the Linux community is not only not going to work, it will just serve to alienate you from the ones who would otherwise be willing to help you, especially when you start cursing. Personally, I've not had the time/inclination to help troubleshoot for months.

18 minutes ago, makkenhoff said:

I've had problems with Project Zomboid in Linux in the past - I just fixed them myself. Linux users are expected to have a little know how when it relates to troubleshooting their own issues.  Expecting or even going so far as demanding help from the Linux community is not only not going to work, it will just serve to alienate you from the ones who would otherwise be willing to help you, especially when you start cursing. Personally, I've not had the time/inclination to help troubleshoot for months.

We re focusing on fixing a few of the long running issues this week.(finally figured out the seg fault in certain kernels, for example) So let me know what you've done if possible. :)

2 hours ago, nasKo said:

Pretty sure he is Russian, so he got the benefit of a doubt. Can't warn people for not reading a post properly.

Yeah DramaSetter is a ruskie, and @rez you really shouldn't take comments like those to heart like that. This is the internet and if even a simple comment like that sets you off, you're not prepared for the infinite expanse of the internet. It's also not the moderator's job to babysit everyone and censor literally everything that displeases someone else.

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

Yeah DramaSetter is a ruskie, and @rez you really shouldn't take comments like those to heart like that. This is the internet and if even a simple comment like that sets you off, you're not prepared for the infinite expanse of the internet. It's also not the moderator's job to babysit everyone and censor literally everything that displeases someone else.

Well thanks for the lecture, but I think I'm fine. Xenophobia is not, though.

Regards,
your average 'since-2001-on-the-Internet' guy,
Rez

1 hour ago, ld-airgrafix said:

im having a lot of little issues with the game, from usual foraging spots not allowing me to forage, to trapping crates being broken. Health is all messed up and this is stable version. Still love this game because its the best zombie survival game out there

Bring your issues to PZ support and i'm sure they can help you.

• Kirrus locked this topic

Archived