After PZ, where will The Indie Stone go?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I love TIS.  Y'all have been some of the most responsive admins and moderators I've seen in any game out there!

I've grown curious, however, on what y'alls next big project might end up being.  Sure, there's Project Zomboid, and I freakin' LOVE it to death!  Been here since the "Kate and Baldspot Era".

However, I was wondering if y'all planned out any other games that might be similar to PZ, at some point?

Like, for example, perhaps a MEDIEVAL Survival Simulation, with graphics similar to PZ?  Maybe instead of zombies, it can be a no-fantasy world, where bandits roam the lands, as well as other players (in MP Servers).  Perhaps natural sickness can be a constant threat, even highly contagious "plagues" that, in those days, a cure was far less likely to find?  Doctors would be untrustworthy, due to the lack of cleaning procedures back then, and cutthroats would always be around every corner, waiting to either rob you at dagger point, or grab what they can pick off of your cold, dead body... all while you are limited in weaponry to swords, clubs, shields, bows, (maybe) crossbows, quarterstaves, spears, etc. etc., and lacking in our handy dandy "shotgun".  And then, with the building mechanics for PZ, I can see several players who would rather take part in building entire kingdoms for the other players to rule, or raze to the ground.  Maybe miners could be in charge of finding the minerals that kingdoms would use for their currencies?

Then, perhaps there could also be SPACE Survival Simulations?  Just imagine PZ, but instead of zombies, you're in a Space Station, trying to survive an oncoming onslaught of aliens, all while tending to your everyday needs... and NOT have to rely on BYOND's "SS13" to have that kind of experience, of course...

Well anyways, just wondering what y'alls long-term plans were, if y'all had any. :-D

syfy   

try to get Apple to buy PZ for 2.3 Billion dollars and retire?

if Minecraft was worth 2.2 Billion..............

Golden Helicopters for ALL the Staff....

Edited by syfy

Not sure they have any. PZ still has a long time to go until it's a final game and to be honest I'd love if they work on it only. But this is a side project, and I bet each of them work in different domains so this is only one of their many jobs that they take on. They are active here probably since they love making this game, otherwise they wouldn't be answering and bothering so much. :D 

Edited by Legoland99

Idk but i love the isometric style with “retro” graphics 

an mmorpg would be excellent 

perhaps also a stealth kind of game ala metal gear

maybe an adventure/survival similar to uncharted 

basically ill buy anything they come up with this style. Love it