Building a New PC.

Cutflood

So I'm unfortunately having to upgrade my computer. It's over 5 years old, but it was been a beast ever since I built it. 

I'm curious if anyone could give me a few suggestions for a new setup. 

As of right now I'm looking for a new CPU, Motherboard, RAM. A Solid State HDD. And Water Cooling for the CPU.

And I'm looking to spend around $2500

The big problem is that I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and may HAVE to upgrade to Win10.

I've heard that Win10 is HORRIBLE for games.  If that's true, what are my options?

Anyone know where I can get another copy of Win7 Ultimate 64bit?

I have a 1070 Founders Edition.  But may upgrade as well and give the 1070 to my dad. (He's using 580's in SLI)

A 1200 watt Corsair PS and a HUGE Corsair Case. With enough fans if I pointed them all down the PC would hover.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, Cutflood said:

And I'm looking to spend around $2500

That's going to be a monster. 

The big problem is that I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and may HAVE to upgrade to Win10.

Not going to be an issue with that budget.

I've heard that Win10 is HORRIBLE for games.  If that's true, what are my options?

Anyone know where I can get another copy of Win7 Ultimate 64bit?

No, that is not true. 

For general guidance for a build, I suggest taking a look at http://www.logicalincrements.com/#

You don't have to take exactly those components but it's a good reference point. As stated, 2.5K is going to be a monster and might be overkill, depending on your use case. 
You might even be able to keep that 1070 and invest your money elsewhere (or save it).

• 4 weeks later...

cannot quote above person but whats a english

Also, I got $2000 for christmas to buy a pc too, and I think teres pretty good pcs for just $1000, According to /v/ but i'd recommend going with that budget and get something close to it, I recommend 4k.

Get a gtx 1080 ti lol and and a Intel Core i7-7700K, that's what im planning to get myself, idk about monitor yet because i own one, if you own a monitor already i don't think you should buy a new one, just get the equipment and probs a new SSD/HDD, don't know what ram you will pick either, but i'd go with 8gb because that's what i normally use

also on my current pc windows 7 runs faster than 10 somehow so i'd say it's trash because of the graphical effects LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived