New Model

nasKo

New-Models-712x462.jpg

The Thursdoids continue. They will not be stopped.

Build 38 Released

We released Build 38 last Friday and people have been getting their first tastes of Riverside, the new worldview features and much else beside. (Release notes here).

As you would probably expect, a lot of this week has involved collating and fixing up the various issues that arose when 38 was revealed to the wider public audience. To this end we’ve released 38.16, 38.17, 38.18 and 38.19 in the interim to patch things up.

Most critical issues have now been resolved, but there are still MP issues that we still need to get to the bottom of (generators faltering when players log out, magically unlocking doors etc) amongst other gremlins that need battering (zombie-proof windows, misplaced radio sounds, some Linux-y stuff).

As such we anticipate 38.20 tomorrow, and likely some follow-ups and a GOG release next week. Blindcoder is also in the process of updating the official PZ Map with Riverside and the Knox Heights Country Club – it takes a very long time to process the map into an image, however, so it too will hopefully be surfacing at some point next week.

Build 39 (Vehicles)

%5ECD6D9EC8E70F63900590A4E97BA29FC3BEADC

Elsewhere work continues on our next build – which will be the first release of the vehicles initially constructed by EasyPickins, and now being knocked into shape by General Arcade’s Yuri and our own RJ.

We released Vehicles Build 21 last week, and discussed much of its keys/hotwire/loot content in the Thursdoid. Vehicles Build 22, meanwhile, will be released once the bug-chasing on the main public build slows down a bit.

Vehicles 22 will introduce ‘Zombie thump’ when zeds flock round a car, meaning that they will act in the same way that they currently do around building windows and doors – as opposed to their current habit of falling over next to the car and taking damage themselves. It should also sync up motor activity for different players in co-op, as well as hopefully put an end to lost trunk loot.

After various calls for more vehicle variety, meanwhile, the build will also feature a new modern car, an SUV, a two door smaller car and a taxi that Martin has created, and Mash has textured up. Many of these can be seen in the following video.

From another community request, emergency vehicles will also now have sirens and flashing lights alongside as a part of their UI – which will clearly be something of an attractant for zed-kind.

Finally, shown here in full WIP mode, are the beginnings of how the Mechanic Skill and Car Repair will work. Clearly there’ll be less references to ‘rubber bands’, the car diagram will be improved and only max-level characters will be able to see percentages in this way – but as you can see it’s much like how the current Health panel works. [As you can probably tell, this still needs a fair amount of work and won’t be a part of the next Vehicle Build.]

A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too.

They actually did the SUV that I requested two times in a row, and it looks amazing, and wait, is that a honda civic I spot on the road ? god damn these vehicles look delicious! When the bug-chasing slows down my potato-like pc would love to get a better hold of these new cars. (they work really bad for me since there is a lot of lag and some bugs with cars)

26 minutes ago, M'aiq The Liar said:

I wonder, Are these new cars coming with the next vehicles build?

Yep, mechanics won't tho, it's still WIP, need to finish the UI & car scripting first :)

But this'll come once I finished to smash bugs on 38, prob next week! (NO ETA RJ! BAD RJ!)

Would taxis in small town Kentucky have advertisements (don't know if there's an actual term for them) on the roof? I live in a rural area, and I've never seen them on a taxi.

Also, is it just me, or does that hatchback look way oversized compared to the rest of the cars? The doors especially look far larger than those seen on almost any of the other vehicles.

Ignoring that, everything shown has me very excited.

Edited by Octopus
Grammer

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Would taxis in small town Kentucky have advertisements (don't know if there's an actual term for them) on the roof? I live in a rural area, and I've never seen them on a taxi.

Also, is it just me, or does that hatchback look way oversized compared to the rest of the cars? The doors especially look far larger than those seen on almost any of the other vehicles.

Ignoring that, everything shown has me very excited.

What hatchback ? They added something else. Specify please.

12 hours ago, Roger said:

Is it possible to add your model of the car? adjust the speed, etc

Yup, i'm trying hard to make everything possible for modders, physics/control are done in java, but lot of stuff are done in lua & script.

Right now, you can modify like the sports car to be über powerfull, or lower stuff, you can edit Vehicles.lua where method to create parts are and change how locked door works, engine quality, etc...

1 hour ago, Lexx2k said:

The lack of 3d character news makes me sad panda, though.

This is the double edge sword we tread. If we mention anything about it, other than its released, we get lambasted for talking about "nothing". 

If we don't mention that work continues, people get sad or suspicious.

You can be rest assured work continues on the new animations which are intrinsically linked to new clothes and weapons. Hopefully when that build goes into testing everyone's wait won't be a disappointment!

5 hours ago, martingee said:

This is the double edge sword we tread. If we mention anything about it, other than its released, we get lambasted for talking about "nothing". 

If we don't mention that work continues, people get sad or suspicious.

You can be rest assured work continues on the new animations which are intrinsically linked to new clothes and weapons. Hopefully when that build goes into testing everyone's wait won't be a disappointment!

Realy like your spoilers, man! Everyone is waiting for it =))