Custom Models for clothes

Amenophis

10 minutes ago, Legoland99 said:

If you're not aware clothing will be implemented in the next 3-4 build 40-43 updates. Firemen, policemen, doctors, different types of t-shirts etc. There's a video on yt, search for it, it's from 2016 showing some cool stuff.

Will hopefully be implemented* There's a chance they could come across more problems that will hold it back even longer.

6 minutes ago, M'aiq The Liar said:

Will hopefully be implemented* There's a chance they could come across more problems that will hold it back even longer.

Build 39 is said to be focused on taking the cars out of the beta testing area. After that I think animations will come and in the 2016 video they showed animation, clothing and new weapons like the spear. From all of those I think that build 40 and build 41 will focus on doing just that and maybe some more if everything goes according to their plans.

41 minutes ago, Legoland99 said:

Build 39 is said to be focused on taking the cars out of the beta testing area. After that I think animations will come and in the 2016 video they showed animation, clothing and new weapons like the spear. From all of those I think that build 40 and build 41 will focus on doing just that and maybe some more if everything goes according to their plans.

From a mondoid a few weeks back.

" We’re currently firming up the design docs – but the current plan is for vehicle damage, repair and car wreck player injuries to be a focus in Build 40, and then to turn to player-crafted improvements and realistic ‘apocalypse survival’ modifications in later versions. "

So basically build 40-42 will be what you just said and from 42-44 we'll be able to see the things I said above most likely. By player-crafted improvements, do they mean stuff like adding spikes and/or more recipes/ things to craft ? Also, modifications ? Are they talking about more types of weapons, survival, farming and so on ? Or do they mean erosion time,  food going bad, furniture to block doors and windows and so on ? I'm really interested in the last two. I almost forgot them.

1 minute ago, Legoland99 said:

So basically build 40-42 will be what you just said and from 42-44 we'll be able to see the things I said above most likely. By player-crafted improvements, do they mean stuff like adding spikes and/or more recipes/ things to craft ? Also, modifications ? Are they talking about more types of weapons, survival, farming and so on ? Or do they mean erosion time,  food going bad, furniture to block doors and windows and so on ? I'm really interested in the last two. I almost forgot them.

I would think by 'apocalypse survival' They mean stuff similar to the calorie system but those last two you mentioned would be a nice surprise. As for player crafted improvements I would guess upgrading structures, I guarantee they will not release any new weapons until animations are out.

2 minutes ago, M'aiq The Liar said:

I guarantee they will not release any new weapons until animations are out.

That's true, it's why I said build 43-44 might just be focused on that. Also I would love to see more defenses than barricades, you know ? More offensive than defensive and such. I hope that'll be the case with the next builds. For now, let us all see what build 39 will have in store for us players. XD

1 minute ago, Legoland99 said:

That's true, it's why I said build 43-44 might just be focused on that. Also I would love to see more defenses than barricades, you know ? More offensive than defensive and such. I hope that'll be the case with the next builds. For now, let us all see what build 39 will have in store for us players. XD

Here's hoping for spiked contraptions.

Even caltrops would be nice, or barbed wire layed on the ground for the zeds to get tangled in and fall to the ground (aka crawlers). The wire will keep them there for some time until they manage to push themselves out and continue. Furniture for them to stumble on once animations are out. 

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

Though I saw something whenever I was watching that video. It's very laggy don't you think? That's probably why they haven't been going balls deep into it is because how bad they'd have to fix that lag plus even more anims.

Anims are not a problem, they'll work just like any other and won't impact the game significantly. Clothing might, and that was just a pre-alpha clothing test back then. I'm sure that they'll bring them in without too much issues in regard to lag and such. Maybe the falling animation would cost a bit of your fps but if done right then there will be no lag or fps cost.

6 hours ago, Roger said:

A year ago it was possible, but what happened now?)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614882413
I really need my 3D models of clothes for the server, I also need to write a program?
I think that by the time I write this program, there will be a new version of the game with clothes 42-44)

Ain't worth the trouble. You'd have to alter the IsoPlayer.java class every time the game updates (or the file's altered) after adding additional slots and removing the hardcoding for the current clothing models. It wouldn't work for anyone that can't play with 3D models, either.

You can add your clothing textures, but again, changing the values might not be possible. The system's long been on the chopping block, in favor of something better with the fabled animations build.

4 minutes ago, EG Bot said:

Ain't worth the trouble. You'd have to alter the IsoPlayer.java class every time the game updates (or the file's altered) after adding additional slots and removing the hardcoding for the current clothing models. It wouldn't work for anyone that can't play with 3D models, either.

You can add your clothing textures, but again, changing the values might not be possible. The system's long been on the chopping block, in favor of something better with the fabled animations build.

It's a pity that such difficulties with this.
I wonder if I can at least replace the type of hair with a hat? I really need a cowboy hat) if that's possible it would be funny)