Zombies Holding Weapons, Drops When Lunging After Player(s)?

JustinDaniels

Not sure if this one was already suggested, but here goes.  When a player dies, they drop their weapons, I think.  Correct? ( Haven't really died enough to be 100% sure. ^_^' )

Anyways, what if there's also a chance that, upon dying, they wind up KEEPING that weapon in their hand(s)?  Doesn't necessarily mean that the zombie will be able to USE it, though, as... y'know... ZOMBIES.  No "Learning". Only "Eating".  (Though a pistol-holding zombie's finger pulling the trigger COULD be a threat, though mostly because guns are freakin' LOUD...)

But what if y'all made it where, instead of dropping their weapons, survivors' zombie forms hold onto said weapons, at least until they start "Reaching" after the living survivors when close enough, to which they THEN drop the items, instead?  This way, we could easily spot the "Dead Survivors" who may very well have valuable loot, as well as add a bit more variety to the zombie hordes, without necessarily making things that much more difficult to deal with, and yet, also make things simpler for "Loot Priorities" when it comes to looting a dead horde.

Perhaps in addition to that, the zombies that DO spawn with weapons could also be holding onto them, so that we don't "Magically pull an Axe out of a zombie's arse" when looting the dead bodies... and besides that, it could also add a bit of variety to the "Survivor Zeds" whenever the backpack updates roll out, so we see a bit MORE variety between the "Bag Carriers" as well.

Anyways, just a small idea I had.  Didn't see it in the "Common Suggested" thing, so figured I'd throw it out there.

3 hours ago, Deputy said:

Was thinking about making a thread very similar to this - in Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide, he implies that the occasional zombie may be shuffling around with something it was holding onto with a death grip when it died/reanimated (i.e. a pistol, a hatchet.). It would be cool to see the occasional zombie holding an item - if a police officer still held a pistol, or an undead firefighter had a fire axe.

Image result for Dead Rising 3 Zombies

Image result for Zombie Dead Rising 3 Police           Image result for Zombie Dead Rising 3 Police

I'd say the only issues I'd have with this would be to make sure it's a very rare occurrence with zombies - presumably the majority of people who died/reanimated either had nothing in their hands at the time of death, or would drop whatever they were holding - and that zombies aren't over-powered in actively striking or shooting players with said items. They wouldn't be knowing how to use the items, it's just a coincidence that they're holding them.

One suggestion I had for this apart from backpacks was holsters and utility belts (such as with undead law enforcement/construction) - seeing a baton, firearm, and/or radio clipped onto the belt of an undead police officer, or a hammer/hatchet on the belt of a logger, would be useful to have with animations, and in determining risk vs. reward in taking on a horde. 

Image result for construction worker     Image result for l4d police officer            Image result for Security Officer Duty Belt Configurations

Holsters could also extend to seeing weapons and gear on NPCs, but that's a different topic for a different time. :)

Holsters/bandoliers are a must have for me, I assume it would be relatively easy to add in once animations are added since they would just work like backpacks but store firearms

It would be nice to be able to loot materials off of construction workers for example, clothes from all kinds of zombies, HATS (any kind and from any agency or brand) and so on. For construction workers for example, nails, a hammer that you could say was attached to their belt, or a metal pipe (WEAPON MUST), bolts, screws, you get what I mean, small stuff that you could find someone carrying. Also, it would be nice when you kill a zombie with a bag, handbag and so on to be able to find something in that bag to loot (groceries, books, appliances or whatever you'd like). Apart from this and thus said above I think it's pretty reasonable and not a must have, but definitely something that would love to be seen once backpack animations do come out.