Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hospital Report

6 posts in this topic

I was listening to a radio broadcast in-game a little bit ago and listened to a conversation involving a caller in an infected hospital in Louisville; so, here we have a Louisville General Hospital report:

ICUReportConfidential.thumb.jpg.1b1507599c742b096874f94d93b7c662.jpg

Wow wow wow wow, did you make that based on a radio report in the game ? I've been checking the radio/tv transcripts posted on reddit but I never saw anything in regards to this. The only thing about it was a telephone call from inside Louisville General Hospital by what I presumed was a lady telling the tv/radio host that everyone there was dead, but that she was sure that they'd soon come alive, as she'd seen them twitch. Is all the information in regards to the death disclosed from the broadcast ? Or did you make some of it up ? Can you provide me with a dialogue from the transcript ? If you did this then the work is amazing!

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, Legoland99 said:

Wow wow wow wow, did you make that based on a radio report in the game ? I've been checking the radio/tv transcripts posted on reddit but I never saw anything in regards to this. The only thing about it was a telephone call from inside Louisville General Hospital by what I presumed was a lady telling the tv/radio host that everyone there was dead, but that she was sure that they'd soon come alive, as she'd seen them twitch. Is all the information in regards to the death disclosed from the broadcast ? Or did you make some of it up ? Can you provide me with a dialogue from the transcript ? If you did this then the work is amazing!

This work is based off that telephone call from the hospital, but not directly tied to a broadcast concerning the death of a hospital nurse. I was going through the TV/Radio broadcasts and noticed there must have been a period where the government was still trying to cover up the infection as it spread, and there had to be these individual, isolated cases before everything went into freefall. I made this work up based off an idea from the hospital telephone call when I saw it in-game - it is not directly tied in to a specific in-game broadcast - Louisville General (the name of the hospital) was inspired by a sign I saw somebody post here on the forums in the mapping section awhile ago of a "Louisville General Hospital" or something to that extent in the game files, indicating that a Louisville hospital will eventually be a thing in Zomboid.

Partly why I made this report is that, in my opinion, there aren't enough bits of lore in-game in terms of documents and signs that hinted at the infection creeping in, or when the infection was sweeping through towns and cities. There would've been those isolated cases, with the military coming in and covering it up as best they could with the time they had, however brief.  So, here we are with the reports. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, Petra said:

wow, this is amazing

Thanks! :)

They later said that isolated reports were being noticed around the surrounding states. Also the infection was airborne, and on the radio it was said that people left the dead and dying on the side of the road. That is a hint. The people from the camp spread it faster than the zeds themselves. Some crashed in other cars, some died in gas stations/dinners or at relatives houses etc. Then anyone they came into contact got infected via the airborne pathogen or at least a part of them got infected. I'm not sure how well the infection spreads airborned but depending on the severity of the infected person it'll mean more chances of infecting via airborne pathogen someone. That's why one of the reporters got sick in the basement. When things cooled down and everyone was at a high level of infection or death, the pathogen traveled even through the cracks and she got infected. It's a lot to hypothesise. You could find more about this and maybe make a report about a person infected via no visible wounds, injections or ingestion/contact with external bodily fluids.