Learnin' me some 3D art - need feedback

FmanR

Hi, I'm a terrible programmer/wannabe game dev who realised a couple of months ago that the games I want to make simply aren't possible to make on my own. Instead I got really into CG art. So far I absolutely love it, but know without criticism I can't progress. So I'm asking anyone who reads this to look at my work and tell me what's wrong with it. In order to make it easier, I've uploaded 3 pictures to judge so noone even has to visit my portfolio. All I want are emotionless opinions. I will not respond positively, negatively, or at all for that matter, as I don't think that would help anyone. Instead I will merely take each piece of feedback on board and use it to better my work. Those who feel the need to judge the rest of my work can find it at https://fmanr.artstation.com/ - should clarify - I WANT negative responses, I just want to know why so I can fix whatever is wrong

A-Block-alypse Now_LR.jpg

HouseAlwaysWins.jpg

Other Side.jpg

Last one is my favorite, because it's simple and no bashing there . #2 Looks like the things in it were dragged through a ditch, given 3 years to (not) breath in the vacuum of space then dropped in a scene of poker on earth on earth. #1 Could use a different background there's not much there so it's kind of bland. 

@FmanR Did you download the 3d models from somewhere, then placed them for your render?, please let me know if I'm wrong, because if that's what you're doing it'll be really hard to give you any kind of criticism, you will learn a lot more from work that you did completely yourself, and it would be easier for people to give you feedback.

I'll also recommend you this website's forum:

http://www.cgsociety.org/

I simply love that website, you can give or receive feedback there easily, they're very talented artists, blows my mind everytime :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.9.2017 at 12:27 PM, FmanR said:

Anyways cheers for the feedback - in exchange, here is a blender render of a blender blending blender renders:

A Blender Render Of A Blender Blending Blender Renders.png

this is the pinnacle of human evolution. this is what we exist for.

blender renders of blenders blending blender renders are the reason for getting up, breathing, and procreating.

9/10 art

20/10 idea

unmeasurably amazing execution

Archived