RELEASED: Build 38.22

RobertJohnson

3 hours ago, Moose65 said:

I noticed that ripping up bloody zombie clothes will turn them into (Dirty) rags and 1 ripped sheet. I really think that the dirty rags shouldn't be so easy to clean with just water. They should really become a separate item, perhaps bloody rags that require bleach to clean instead. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be able to clean them currently with water, and then be able to use them as bandages without risking getting yourself infected.

No, I think we should leave (cleaning) dirty rags as is. Water is renewable and is easily accessible. If you get hurt with 2 or more injuries you need to change/clean your bandages/rags constantly. On the other hand bleach is a limited resource which is also required to clean your walls and floors.

5 minutes ago, PPanda0421 said:

No, I think we should leave (cleaning) dirty rags as is. Water is renewable and is easily accessible. If you get hurt with 2 or more injuries you need to change/clean your bandages/rags constantly. On the other hand bleach is a limited resource which is also required to clean your walls and floors.

If leaving dead zombies around can make you sick, then intentionally taking bloody zombie clothes, ripping them into bandages, and placing them on an open wound should definitely kill you. Zombies often drop dirty or even clean clothes, so the limited resource point is moot. Don't wrap your scratch up with a bloody zombie shirt or suffer the consequences.

I only mentioned that cleaning bloody rags should require bleach btw, not dirty rags.

1 hour ago, Moose65 said:

If leaving dead zombies around can make you sick, then intentionally taking bloody zombie clothes, ripping them into bandages, and placing them on an open wound should definitely kill you. Zombies often drop dirty or even clean clothes, so the limited resource point is moot. Don't wrap your scratch up with a bloody zombie shirt or suffer the consequences.

I only mentioned that cleaning bloody rags should require bleach btw, not dirty rags.

I, for one, welcome the bug reports that this sort of mechanic will bring.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:12 PM, STRONG said:

look here... i have 1080 ti, i7 7700K 4.5, RAM 16gb (3000mhz) SSD...

and i cant play this game on 38.22... 

I have this same problem most of the time.  Happens in vehicle build as well. Even with dozens of mod this unique "stuttering" never happened on stable builds ... until 38 was pushed to stable build. Now there is no escaping it.

1 hour ago, Moose65 said:

No you mentioned using bleach to clean bloody rags. Bleach is a limited resource in that you can only find it in certain places and it is not renewable so how is it a moot point? Yes zombies can drop sometimes drop clean clothing but that is not the issue. The issue whether we should use bleach or not to clean rags.

Currently, ripping bloody, dirty, or bloody and dirty clothing results in one category - dirty rags. What you're suggesting is when you rip them they should result into bloody rags, dirty rags or bloody and dirty rags. That is too much extra items we don't need! So if we bleach bloody and dirty rags does it just result in dirty rags then? Then we have to clean the dirty rags?

2 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

No you mentioned using bleach to clean bloody rags. Bleach is a limited resource in that you can only find it in certain places and it is not renewable so how is it a moot point? Yes zombies can drop sometimes drop clean clothing but that is not the issue. The issue whether we should use bleach or not to clean rags.

Currently, ripping bloody, dirty, or bloody and dirty clothing results in one category - dirty rags. What you're suggesting is when you rip them they should result into bloody rags, dirty rags or bloody and dirty rags. That is too much extra items we don't need! So if we bleach bloody and dirty rags does it just result in dirty rags then? Then we have to clean the dirty rags?

No offense, but did you even read my post? You literally just disagreed and agreed with me in the same post.

3 hours ago, Moose65 said:

Its not too many items. We already have multiple items that come from the same item already (raw food > cooked food > burnt food > rotten food etc).

Common sense should tell you that if the zombies clothes are covered in blood, maybe, JUST MAYBE, you shouldn't use it for a bandage. Same thing with finding random berries in the forest. Probably not the best idea to eat them if you don't know what your doing, just like putting zombie blood all over your gushing scratch probably won't end in the best results.

Its a bit immersion breaking to make a bandage out of a bloody zombie shirt and suffer no consequences. Its not hard to have 3 category of rags, bloody, dirty, and clean. Simply DON'T loot the bloody zombie clothes and your fine. I already avoid looting dirty/bloody clothing anyways, and I think it would add a nice layer to looting. Nobody is forcing you anyways to clean bloody rags, just continue looting your same old dirty and clean clothes.

Also, I don't know why you think there would be an extra step if you were to, for whatever reason, decide to salvage bloody rags. Cleaning them with bleach + water would obviously result in clean rags, not dirty rags.

19 minutes ago, Moose65 said:

No offense, but did you even read my post? You literally just disagreed and agreed with me in the same post.

Its not too many items. We already have multiple items that come from the same item already (raw food > cooked food > burnt food > rotten food etc).

Common sense should tell you that if the zombies clothes are covered in blood, maybe, JUST MAYBE, you shouldn't use it for a bandage. Same thing with finding random berries in the forest. Probably not the best idea to eat them if you don't know what your doing, just like putting zombie blood all over your gushing scratch probably won't end in the best results.

Its a bit immersion breaking to make a bandage out of a bloody zombie shirt and suffer no consequences. Its not hard to have 3 category of rags, bloody, dirty, and clean. Simply DON'T loot the bloody zombie clothes and your fine. I already avoid looting dirty/bloody clothing anyways, and I think it would add a nice layer to looting. Nobody is forcing you anyways to clean bloody rags, just continue looting your same old dirty and clean clothes.

Also, I don't know why you think there would be an extra step if you were to, for whatever reason, decide to salvage bloody rags. Cleaning them with bleach + water would obviously result in clean rags, not dirty rags.

Of course I read your post. In your original post you mentioned that zombie ripped clothing should only be cleanable with bleach. I'm only debating whether or not that is a good idea. I did not agree with using bleach to clean rags (bloody or not) - just use water. I agreed that zombies do sometimes drop clean clothes which you can rip into clean rags and use if you want. My point was that if you were forced to clean rags for whatever reason bleach should not be the only option as bleach is very limited and is also used to clean your base. If we can somehow make bleach in the game then I'm OK with your idea but that isn't possible at the moment.

Anyhow I think we are getting a little off topic. You can post your suggestions to the suggestions forum and the developers can continue from there. I think adding this feature will be more trouble than its worth though. Just my opinion.

3 hours ago, nolanri said:

I have this same problem most of the time.  Happens in vehicle build as well. Even with dozens of mod this unique "stuttering" never happened on stable builds ... until 38 was pushed to stable build. Now there is no escaping it.

I saw this issue several times in IWBUMS early on and pointed it out to them many times. Now that it is more prevalent perhaps they'll look into it more seriously. I think it's a tough one though...

31 minutes ago, DramaSetter said:

So? The point is, you don't wanna waste rare bandages, because bleach resources is not unlimited. This will force you to "clean out" near medical places. And yes, map is large, bleach can spawn in each usualy house..

Thought we moved on from this topic. Assuming that bleach was the only thing that can clean rags/bandages and such. Did you play PZ recently where they had the never-healing bleeding bug? Since the bleeding never stopped, my character accumulated up to 5 injuries at the same time and every 6-8 hours I had to clean those bandages each time. Imagine cleaning 5 bandages 2-3 times a day. Don't you think I would've used up all my bleach in a few days? What if in the future the bleeding bug is reintroduced? (this actual happens in real life where a new feature or bug fix reintroduces an old bug). Also, remember PZ is ongoing until you die. How often are new maps created? Of course, if you have loot respawn enabled (which I don't) you can find more bleach.

And what about MP servers where there are 10+ players? Do you think there is enough bleach for everyone? Again if loot respawn was enabled you can restock your bleach supply but I don't think that would be enough for servers with many players.

Ready to move on to the next topic...

2 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

Thought we moved on from this topic. Assuming that bleach was the only thing that can clean rags/bandages and such. Did you play PZ recently where they had the never-healing bleeding bug? Since the bleeding never stopped, my character accumulated up to 5 injuries at the same time and every 6-8 hours I had to clean those bandages each time. Imagine cleaning 5 bandages 2-3 times a day. Don't you think I would've used up all my bleach in a few days? What if in the future the bleeding bug is reintroduced? (this actual happens in real life where a new feature or bug fix reintroduces an old bug). Also, remember PZ is ongoing until you die. How often are new maps created? Of course, if you have loot respawn enabled (which I don't) you can find more bleach.

And what about MP servers where there are 10+ players? Do you think there is enough bleach for everyone? Again if loot respawn was enabled you can restock your bleach supply but I don't think that would be enough for servers with many players.

You're not a moderator.

Use the report function.

3 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

The discussion was about using bleach ONLY to clean bloody (zombie blood specifically) rags. For some reason you keep making it sound like bleach was suggested to clean ALL types of dirty rags. I'm just saying it would be more realistic for the player to potentially die if their careless enough to put zombie blood onto gushing wounds, much in the same way if they were to drink bleach or eat random forest berries. I find it silly that there is currently no consequences to put zombie blood covered rags on your wounds.

17 minutes ago, thefu3z said:

Surely the new "boiling to sterilise" mechanic would deal with this issue? Bacteria and viruses die when heated over 80c IIRC - so while they may be blood stained, they will be sterile, and good for medical use in a pinch.

Been awhile since I had medical microbiology, but I'm pretty sure there are some virus that can survive boiling water. Heck, bleach may not even be enough to kill a "zombie" virus. It should be a bad idea in general anyways to use a bloody zombie rag, and there should probably be consequences for it. It really isn't that hard to pick dirty/clean clothes off of them, and it would add more immersion to it as far as avoiding bites/scratches/zombie fluids.

21 minutes ago, Legoland99 said:

Boiling clothes in water should be a thing. Anything virus related while being heated up and boiled at 200C+ will most likely be destroyed. They might still be bloody, but they are as good as clean. 

Personally, I believe "bloody" zombie clothes should be unsalvageable (at least for bandaging purposes without risking infecting yourself).  Plus, it would make some locations slightly more desirable to loot, like the clothing store in Muldraugh.

1 minute ago, Moose65 said:

Personally, I believe "bloody" zombie clothes should be unsalvageable (at least for bandaging purposes without risking infecting yourself).  Plus, it would make some locations slightly more desirable to loot, like the clothing store in Muldraugh.

Yes, but you could boil the disease out of them at high temperatures or for a long time, let's say, in a cooking pot for example.  It's the same concept as for the boiled bandages. But I get what you mean. Boiling clothes should require more than going to the store to get some new clothes. But I would like to see more clothing spawn once animations are out. Finding only four skirts and a blouse in a clothing store doesn't quite add up.

Just now, Legoland99 said:

Yes, but you could boil the disease out of them at high temperatures or for a long time, let's say, in a cooking pot for example.  It's the same concept as for the boiled bandages. But I get what you mean. Boiling clothes should require more than going to the store to get some new clothes. But I would like to see more clothing spawn once animations are out. Finding only four skirts and a blouse in a clothing store doesn't quite add up.

The loots has always been that way though, as odd as it does seem. Just like how fridges aren't overflowing with food like they should be. Gameplay balance I suppose.

Also, we don't know how resilient the zombie virus is, which is why boiling it may or may not be effective. There are viruses that can survive being boiled in water, which is why autoclaves are typically used to sterilize medical instruments.

As a side note, Pressure cookers don't even reach 200ºC, so you defiantly won't be achieving that with a cooking pot and a fire. Probably safe to say that players can't properly sterilize bloody zombie clothes short of using bleach maybe.

45 minutes ago, Legoland99 said:

My cooker reaches 280C .-. But I get your point. Bleach should be used then I guess. Leave them to soak for a few hours then they are as good as new. (almost)

Are you sure that isn't F? I'll admit I'm not super familiar with pressure cookers, but a quick google search shows them topping out at 250ºF, which is quite a bit different than 280ºC. Autoclaves don't even normally heat that high.

@Robert/Enigma I'm having this strange issue where houses and trailers I've already looted are burnt when I pass by/revisit the area a few months later. I did not use the stoves/microwaves in those homes. I am not sure if this is new to this build but I don't recall seeing this before.

6 hours ago, Moose65 said:

Are you sure that isn't F? I'll admit I'm not super familiar with pressure cookers, but a quick google search shows them topping out at 250ºF, which is quite a bit different than 280ºC. Autoclaves don't even normally heat that high.

Nope, I'm from Europe. And I was referring to a stove, my mistake XD I forgot what a pressure cooker was .-. 

On 10/9/2017 at 3:48 PM, Moose65 said:

Been awhile since I had medical microbiology, but I'm pretty sure there are some virus that can survive boiling water. Heck, bleach may not even be enough to kill a "zombie" virus. It should be a bad idea in general anyways to use a bloody zombie rag, and there should probably be consequences for it. It really isn't that hard to pick dirty/clean clothes off of them, and it would add more immersion to it as far as avoiding bites/scratches/zombie fluids.

i dont see problem with boiling some clothes in water in the game, be it 50°C, 100°C or 500°C do you already forgot that in this game you can sterilize bandages with alcohol, everything in this game just conventionalities