RELEASED: Build 38.22

RobertJohnson

Build 38 has been released to the public, the details of which can be found below.

Build 39 will be the current vehicles test build (Vehicle Build 19 available for you to play and feed back on here), which will be moved into our normal public IWBUMS beta branch once the dust has settled on 38 in terms of patching.

Please note that from this point the traditional Mondoid blog will be moving to Thursday – henceforth to be known as ‘Thursdoid’. This is intended to fit in better with the work schedules of the 3-4 extra contractors we now have working on PZ, provides a better lead-in times for releasing new builds and also because we ran out of Monday puns a long time ago.

If you come across any annoying bugs then our tracker lives here. Thank you!

scenic-grove.jpg

Version 38: The Pre-Vehicles Build

Riverside Map Expansion

nice-room-1.jpg

New map area added! The spawn-point town of Riverside, the nearby Knox Heights Country Club, Spa and Golf Course, and many/varied wilderness areas are now ripe and ready for exploration.

• Found west of West Point, and is of equivalent size.
  • Contains new building types, architecture and item tiles.
  • Includes Riverside lootable map

comparison-map.png

World View update

• The homes, businesses, advertizing hoardings and outhouses are now seen in all their glory – rooftops and all. Building levels above the player are ONLY hidden for the ‘current building’.
  • Windows must now be peeked through by walking up to them, and looking through.
  • Higher levels blocking your view are removed on approach, and hen zombie hazards are present.
  • Exterior walls are no longer stencilled to transparent when you’re outside unless they are actually blocking the view of your character.

MP and Co-op Improvements

• Zombie placement and movement data shared between players heavily optimized to address cases of zombie lag, zed teleportation, unfair bites and general server strain.
  • ‘Server Save’ pause server option for larger servers that pauses the action when saving, reducing instances of sudden zombie lag.
  • Added a “Level Up” button on the player stats UI to quickly level up a perk without using global point.
  • Added an UI for admin to manage player’s inventory.

Corpse Management

• You can now dig graves with a shovel and bury multiple corpses inside.
  • New carpentry crafting items: wooden cross, a cairn and a wooden memorial picket to go alongside the graves you dig.
  • Large piles of rotten corpses will make you feel ill and sad if you stay close to them for extended periods.

New Sandbox options:

• Generator Spawn: Increase/decrease the chance of electrical generators spawning on the map.
  • Generator Fuel Consumption: Impacts how much fuel is consumed by generators. A generator that needs no fuel should be set to 0.0. (Replaces GeneratorFuelConsumed server option)
  • Randomized House Chance: Increase/decrease probability of discovering randomized safe houses on the map: either burnt out, containing loot stashes, dead survivor bodies etc.
  • Annotated Map Chance: Impacts on how often a looted map will have annotations marked on it by a deceased survivor.
  • Zombie Construction Damage: Governs whether or not zombies can destroy player constructions and defences.
  • Free Trait Points: Adds free points during character creation.
  • Player-built Construction Strength: Gives player-built constructions extra hit points so they are more resistant to zombie damage.
  • Day/Night Active Zombies: Governs whether zombies are more active during the day, or whether they act more nocturnally. Inactive zombies will be slower, and tend not to give chase.
  • Nocturnal Darkness: Governs how dark it gets at night.
  • Injury Severity: Increase and decrease the impact that injuries have on your body, and their healing time.
  • Bone Fracture: Enable or disable broken limbs when survivors receive injuries from impacts, zombie damage and falls.
  • Time Before Corpse Removal: Number of in-game hours before zombie corpses are automatically removed from the map. (Replaces former HoursForCorpseRemoval server option).
  • Decaying Corpse Health Impact: Governs impact that nearby decaying bodies has on the player’s health and emotions
  • Clothing Degradation: Governs how quickly clothing degrades, becomes dirty and bloodied – or if it does at all.
  • Randomization of zombie Speed, Strength, Toughness and Cognition. (Or just Strength, Toughness and Cognition.)
  • Fire spread (previously ‘No Fire spread’ in server options): governs whether or not fire can spread.
  • HoursForCorpseRemoval moved from server option to Sandbox.

Clothing Degradation

• Clothing can now become dirty over extended periods, dependant on your activities.
  • Fighting zombies will make your clothing bloody.
  • If you’re wearing dirty or bloody clothing over an open wound then chances of infection (normal infection, not zombie) will increase.
  • Clothing now also has durability, every time you get hit you’ll lose a little.
  • Some clothing is more resistant than others.

Optimization – in preparation for incoming Vehicles build

• Optimized Garbage Collection.
  • LightingJNI optimized.
  • Fixed surge in memory usage of 2-300 MB that can stall the game.
  • Optimized map loading.
  • Fixed Voice Manager being enabled in SP. [Should give an improvement in FPS, especially on slower systems]

Custom Map Loading change

• New “Select spawn location” screen after map mod selection
  • All map mods now load, including spawnpoints.
  • A ‘multi-map’ mod no longer needs to be created. ‘Map Mod Priority order’ setting added to highlight which maps are given precedence if there are geographical overlaps and conflicts, with warnings also given to player.

Other Changes

• Added an easy way for modders to add columns to their scrolling lists.
  • Added ‘deadzone’ options to settings to alleviate problems with gamepad players sleeping.
  • You can now build log wall with dirty rags.

Balance Changes

• Increased nutrition values of fish and berries slightly.
  • Increased player construction hit points.
  • TV and Radio programmes now have an impact on the character’s moodles. If watching an instructional show then an XP multiplier is received.
  • Sleeping outside in rain will wake players up, unless they are in a tent or under a player made structure with roof.
  • First aid kits now spawn with sterilized bandages, rather than regular bandages.
  • Can now sterilize bandages in a boiling pot of water.
  • Mattresses can now be made using a suture needle as well as a regular needle.
  • Spices now usable as the first item in pasta/rice (eg. marinara).

Fixes

• Fixed zombie memory “none” sandbox option not working.
  • Fixed a bug with phases of the moon not affecting ambient light at night.
  • Fixed water pouring bug.
  • Fixed street lights still being active when electricity was down.
  • Fixed being able to access rival player’s safehouses through cheeky carpentry cheating.
  • Fixed being able to climb through windows into a player’s safehouse.
  • Fixed multiple aspects of UI not working with a gamepad (foraging, lootable maps, sandbox options etc.
  • Large amounts of smal items will now correctly fill up container space available.
  • Fixed Book Reading interrupted when player aims a weapon.
  • Fixed Characters losing fraction of XP on save.
  • Added missing “spawn point” options in the server settings GUI.
  • Added missing ‘world filler’ sprite visuals.
  • Fixed possible bug with alarm being reset.
  • Fixed always raining when loading/starting a game.
  • Fixed rare bug with the crafting UI.
  • Fixed a bug with the getLightFoodMod() calculation.
  • Fixed evolved recipe drinks not being able to be drunk when an item could be added to it (the coffee bug).
  • Fixed crafting issue with Hot Cuppa.

The game doesn't even start for me anymore. Steam shows it's running for about 2 seconds, then it switches to syncing. PZ window won't even open. Here is my output from the teriminal:

64-bit java detected
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 108600
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  *************** [API loaded no]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid/libfmodintegration64.so: /home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid/libfmodintegration64.so: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1119basic_ostringstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1965)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1890)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1880)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
    at fmod.javafmodJNI.init(javafmodJNI.java:40)
    at fmod.fmod.FMODManager.init(FMODManager.java:127)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:871)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load native libraries
    at fmod.javafmodJNI.init(javafmodJNI.java:48)
    at fmod.fmod.FMODManager.init(FMODManager.java:127)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:871)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)

I'm running Linux Mint 17 on a Lenovo L420. I used to be able to play it with no problems whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Whazzar said:

The game doesn't even start for me anymore. Steam shows it's running for about 2 seconds, then it switches to syncing. PZ window won't even open. Here is my output from the teriminal:

I'm running Linux Mint 17 on a Lenovo L420. I used to be able to play it with no problems whatsoever.

Try going here: /home/<USERNAME>/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid

and running projectzomboid.sh that's in there.

18 minutes ago, Connall said:

Try going here: /home/<USERNAME>/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid

and running projectzomboid.sh that's in there.

I tried that and I've quoted the output from that in my previous post. I've had that problem with the IWBUMS build before, it seems to have creeped up on all the PZ versions now...

I know this is strange that I mention about it here.

What does "horrdihooorrr" mean?

//3698. ORIGINAL: This is Stephanie O'Donoghue, here with Charles McCoy!

//3699. ORIGINAL: Charles, how do the nerds do this?!

//3700. ORIGINAL: It's a cartoon, but it's all... in a computer?

//3701. ORIGINAL: I know right? Those guys wear glasses and are all like 'horrdihooorrr'!

edit: in Radio deta

Edited by halkaze

3 hours ago, Whazzar said:

Can you upgrade to Mint 18 ? I remember problem with debian "Wheezy" distro, upgrade to Stretch based distib fix problem I think

HELP.thumb.jpg.516749c24cb72bb2aa8929fc0b8e8e33.jpg

So the bug I reported in the end of IWBUMS 38.15 has carried over to stable branch. If you walk along the road leaving westpoint from the west and heading towards river side, just southeast of the cabin by the lake on the outskirts of westpoint, there seems to be entire chunks of map missing. https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5889620375733178,0.07597827613398862,15.407021574586361  this is the area the chunk is missing from.

It gives me over 100 errors in a matter of seconds and i can walk completely around the missing chunk. it wasn't there in the earlier stages of 38 IWBUMS and only started to appear after the *spawn point fixes for mp* were put into place. I've loaded with mods, without mods, fresh installed and the chunk is missing no matter what. If i revert to 37 it's fine. When 38 released to public I switched back out of IWBUMS to stable and walked to the same spot. chunks are still missing. It's not a game breaking bug since I can just walk north and avoid it and everywhere else still seems to be fine. (haven't gone to the mall, but maldraugh, rosewood, and the farm to the west are all still fine.) haven't gone to riverside yet. 

I will unload all mods and walk back to the road in a new game so that way if you need a console file it's not loaded up with mods or any extra information. I'd really like to know if anyone else can

reproduce this bug on this section of road so I know its not something to do with my steam install of zomboid.

[edit] I don't use any map mods being that I play on extreme zombies and am usually a fisher/gatherer type of player; very rarely survive long enough to need to switch towns.

20170921170111_1.thumb.jpg.edd55c41a88be90477b5ee90583e205c.jpg20170922112303_1.thumb.jpg.70c942c67b2643f8e721f29a903df225.jpg20170921184156_1.thumb.jpg.0ee497346be7d2c177ada40a86f24783.jpg

20170922112154_1.jpg

20170921184357_1.jpg

20170921200005_1.jpg

Edited by window98
wanted to add more text.

Okay, I unloaded everything restarted game to make sure lua loaded with no mods enabled, and started a new game in westpoint. I headed west on the highway until it starts to turn southward, I then took the smaller road west towards what I believe to be now the direction of riverside. A few seconds after leaving the main highway while heading west I begin to see the errors pop up. No mods enabled, and I don't have any map mods even subscribed now with the amount of vanilla towns there are now.

I'll attatch my entire console file in the bottom but here's a few of the errors I found reading through it. (I don't know very much about code at all sorry)

"AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture D:/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/fonts/zomboidDialogue.bmfc_0.png
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture D:/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_0.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 1 texture D:/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_1.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 2 texture D:/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_2.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture D:/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_0.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 1 texture D:/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_1.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 2 texture D:/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_2.tga
WARNING: Found unknown Windows version: Windows 7"

"1506096707927 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506096721283 can't find map objects file: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.lua
1506096721284 can't find map objects file: media/maps/Rosewood, KY/objects.lua
1506096721284 can't find map objects file: media/maps/Riverside, KY/objects.lua
1506096721284 Loading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.lua
1506096721972 MAX #ZONES is 11
1506096722032 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_groundcover_01_22
1506096722035 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_groundcover_01_21
1506096722039 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_groundcover_01_19
1506096722039 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_groundcover_01_23
1506096722104 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_groundcover_01_18
1506096723035 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_2
1506096723035 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_3
1506096723072 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_14
1506096728024 fmod: Java_fmod_javafmodJNI_FMOD_1Sound_1GetData:3930 JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer
1506096728864 reanimate: saved 0 zombies
1506096728877 game loading took 26 seconds"

"MISSING in .bank Radio/radio_tv_testbeep
MISSING in .bank Radio/radio_talk_0
1506096866157 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506096953585 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506096983777 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506096983827 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506096983861 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506096988344 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506097013228 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506097022846 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506097023580 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506097033078 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_10
1506097033078 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_8
1506097033085 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_9
1506097033086 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_4
1506097080490 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_13
1506097080492 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_12
1506097080492 ERROR: missing tile vegetation_foliage_01_11
1506097122166 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1506097141275 Failed to load chunk, blocking out area
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 124, Size: 123
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.PlaceLot(IsoCell.java:1887)
    at zombie.iso.CellLoader.LoadCellBinaryChunk(CellLoader.java:502)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:306)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:236)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunk(WorldStreamer.java:227)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$1.run(WorldStreamer.java:139)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)"

"

How would I go about uploading my actual save folder here so someone could load it into their game possible and see if the chunks are still missing? Could I zip it up with 7zip or something?

1.jpg

2.jpg

console.txt

sorry for the bug spam in multiple release forums now and on steam.

Edited by window98
wanted to add more text.

Just now, EnigmaGrey said:

Great. @window98 I'm able to reproduce it.

Thank You! I was getting worried. I have compressed my save file if you guys think that would help. I'll upload it on this post and leave it here. Like I said, i'm still enjoying playing and I just avoid the entire chunk missing for now. roleplaying it as a anomaly of some kind lol.

The only other bug i was experiencing during IWBUMS was that zombies couldn't break windows unless I was asleep regardless of their strength settings. I haven't tested that since public release because I was trying to figure out this map chunk problem. I'll post something in the actual bug reports if they still can't break my windows. below is my save file with no mods, should be standing right where the missing map is.

22-09-2017_12-11-01.zip

Spoiler

Ive gotten a pretty big bug where my huge fort i had with walls boarded windows everything is now overrun with zombies now that i updated to the new version and i got killed. I thankfully backed up my save but is there a way to prevent it from happening? I'm using the steam version and is there a way to just revert to the previous build? This didn't happen upon updating to any of the other builds and my survival time is 3 months.

Strange. Generator is supposed to run for a long time with the good old dayz server settings.

Seems as soon as I log off or walk away from the house, all lights turn off and fridges stop working.

Not sure why.

Kinda aggravating since we asked for that fuel function specifically so our food would not spoil while we are offline lol

3 hours ago, AssReaper said:

Anyone? Why do generators turn off in Multiplayer if you log off?

Or rather why do they stop powering unless you are in the house? All lights turn off, fridge stops working, etc

I assume there's some cross-over in sync issues previously limited to the vehicles build. It's optimizations were merged in iwbums to make the vehicle release simpler.