M'aiq's Buildings / Custom tiles Thread.

Necromatic_Corgi

I figured I may as well make a building thread to show off a few things, Everything here is heavy wip unless stated otherwise. I will put downloads of buildings here as they are finished, I also might release all of my custom made tiles depending on if people want them or not.

I'll also take any tile requests so if you feel like something was always missing from the current pz tileset let me know and I will try my best to make them.

Apartment Building (Custom tiles)

image.thumb.png.ba38df65ce5d0b2c13c86452c530088c.png

Shallow Roof Tileset (Custom Tiles)

image.png.97bb7c0eb4f6cd00cf3596084bfff803.png

My god... this is amazing :o Those are some amazing custom tiles ! I have some tiles made by Neutz which are computers, some roofs, random table clutter, photo frames and so on. Can't wait to be able to download these tiles if they'll be avaible! Amazing work, also, is that the TWD prison ? Love all the rooftop work and the rest, it really shows how creative you are.

Ps, the apartment building I think it's missing a firecase platform on the first floor (right side) Otherwise ppl on the first floor would have a hard time climbing down. 

Glad to see such good work, visit my thread if ya wanna see some builds of mine, love to see more creative people on PZ and would love to see more. Are you working on/for a map rn or just doing buildings atm ?

Edited by Legoland99
Deleted an image and something else.

43 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

I've always wanted to get, or possible make my own custom tiles, but alas I do not have the patience for this so I leave it up to people like you to do it for me! Forgive my slothfulness ;) 

Getting every pixel lined up perfectly is definitely something that would drive some people mad so I can understand your point. Hopefully once release my tiles you wont have to go insane trying to make your own. :P

This is amazing I love the level of detail in your work, the prison looks more realistic with those windows, it is good to see that there is great sense of aesthetics in your buildings, I really liked the first building with the apartments above and the business down feels very good to observe it, you should design a vertical ladder for access in case of fire, very good job congratulations.

7 hours ago, Atoxwarrior said:

This is amazing I love the level of detail in your work, the prison looks more realistic with those windows, it is good to see that there is great sense of aesthetics in your buildings, I really liked the first building with the apartments above and the business down feels very good to observe it, you should design a vertical ladder for access in case of fire, very good job congratulations.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try make a ladder but I'm not sure if I can make it usable or not. ^_^

Can you make a staircase that resembles this tile then ? I would love to use it in car parks or multi-story buildings with like 1-2 parking lots in it or hospital etc. If car's can't go up on it, they can sure go down (if collision is made possible) or players can go up on the ramps. This could help with a lot of things. At best if collision is made possible for the staircase and the cars can use it like a ramp then.... we'll have bridges. That would be for me a dream come true to be able to do bridges and such in this game. or an overpass for a train like those train cars that go up above street level. Anyway here's a screenshot of the tile. Also, maybe more variations of that sexy roof you made, like dark red and brown maybe. Thanks a lot and I hope you'll take it into consideration! Love your work.

ScreenShot_20170925182453.png

2 minutes ago, Legoland99 said:

Can you make a staircase that resembles this tile then ? I would love to use it in car parks or multi-story buildings with like 1-2 parking lots in it or hospital etc. If car's can't go up on it, they can sure go down (if collision is made possible) or players can go up on the ramps. This could help with a lot of things. At best if collision is made possible for the staircase and the cars can use it like a ramp then.... we'll have bridges. That would be for me a dream come true to be able to do bridges and such in this game. or an overpass for a train like those train cars that go up above street level. Anyway here's a screenshot of the tile. Also, maybe more variations of that sexy roof you made, like dark red and brown maybe. Thanks a lot and I hope you'll take it into consideration! Love your work.

ScreenShot_20170925182453.png

You could actually do that yourself fairly easily, All you would have to do is edit the tile properties for that tileset which you can find in your .tiles folder. After you have that and name it something different you can open tiled and go to tools, Then go to tile properties and edit things from there.

25 minutes ago, M'aiq The Liar said:

You could actually do that yourself fairly easily, All you would have to do is edit the tile properties for that tileset which you can find in your .tiles folder. After you have that and name it something different you can open tiled and go to tools, Then go to tile properties and edit things from there.

To be honest I have no idea what you said there, that's on a whole new level with me. I'm a builder, not a craftsmen like you, that's why I asked, since I messed up my tiles once I don't want to touch them too much ever again. Is that okay to make please ? :P Thanks for answering!

Edited by Legoland99

70y8lDN.png

If it is possible to create a train tracks to connect with an elevated, I have long with the X1 textures, create the inclined path textures and configure them as ladders to connect them to highways, worked perfectly the problem is that they can only be configured as if they were normal stairs despite the fact that railroad tracks just work like any normal staircase, and they do not work to be able to raise a vehicle to another level on the map, I think the engine of the game is not yet configured to perform that animation.