[37.14] How does the helicopter work?

Wesley Balestrini

How can I "run away" from him? I stay in a house?

I had read in some development post that getting into the forest also helps. How do I know I'm properly hidden?
The last time, I walked towards a tree until my vision was blocked in the 360º. The helicopter wandered through the city but then turned to my head, taking a few minutes for the event to pass.

Does anyone know exactly how this event works?

6 minutes ago, Lightning Flash said:

From what I know, it's just a metagame event that can occur at random. You can't exactly "run away" from it, it's just there to move zombies around the map - that includes potentially moving them straight towards you. It's completely random.

I think I read in the moondoid that the helicopter follows the player getting more active time and that to reduce this time, you should get rid of it. I wonder if any player has ever tested on this.

I'll try to find the post mentioned.

On 9/20/2017 at 5:12 PM, SailorWolf said:

It shows up around day 6 to day 9. When it shows up run as far from your base as you can then go back when it stops.  If you are out looting do the same. :)  I think it only shows up once now lol use to be a pain in the ass

There is a sandbox setting that you can set to get more than one visit. The helicopter keeps things interesting, so I always set it to come 'occasionally' (I think that's the setting)

Archived