News for new players who think they can live a year

bearmasksenpai

Just now, bearmasksenpai said:

it takes a lot of learning how to live that long heck i've lived only 11 days

On survival it's a lot of fun. Wait until the cars are up and running in good condition, I already love mowing down zeds and this might be a whole lot of fun. You should get to higher ground or out of the town after u gather food, then go somewhere remote and upgrade ur skills a bit, return to the city to loot and rebuild :3

My record is 11 months 8 days and ~7-9 hours established on Build 32 (I think it was 32) when Zombies got the ability to really migrate anywhere if they felt like it (That I think is broken lately because I haven't see that happen)

I have a screenshot to prove it. (I only died because I didn't have a nails in that building so I couldn't build an escape bridge going over the fence)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632427697

On my most recent serious save (On Vehicle Build) I had ~8 months before I trapped myself in a toilet with 3 zombies and got bitten.

I average 2-4 months per life and then usually some interior ninja zombie comes out from behind a door or just inside a small room and infects me . Outside of that I usually get tired of never finding a sledgehammer and go on a reckless rampage until I die and start over. Although I've barely played since cars were implemented..

Even though I've owned the game for about a year now, I still consider myself a 'new' player. My first character, I lasted for 18 days, died by drinking bleach because I was bitten.

My second character lasted 1 month, 7 days, and 19 hours, died only by a scratch.

Even a new player can survive long. They can definitely survive a year as long as they're extremely careful.

Archived