No Vehicles spawning

ThyRootBeer

Question

Hi,

I am on the latest vehicle branch and i have had vehicles spawn on other saves. recently an update popped out and since then no vehicles spawn in any game mode on solo and im unsure how to fix.

someone said about going to a file c:/users/username/zomboid/server to manually edit the file but i dont have anything like that and cannot find a way to get vehicles to spawn :(

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks

14 answers to this question

If you go back and forth to vehicle build/IWBUMS the spawnVehicle option may have been disabled, when launching a game, in the "select difficulty"  (where you have the tutorial, sandbox, etc..), bottom right you have a "enable experimental vehicle" (or omething :p), be sure it's clicked.

Or simply in c:/users/YOU/Zomboid/options.ini search for vehiclesEnable= and check if it's true :)

For all advise givers above, firstly, thank you for your time to help me, i appreciate it, i have installed, uninstalled and re installed full game + vehicle version to no avail. Vehicles Enabled is set to true and yes i have always had the tick box marked experimental vehicles checked.

This has happened when starting a new survival mode on hardcore on the 8th of September, i then did other various modes on new saves and still not a car in sight.

Just to note, i cannot go back to 37.14 as my previous version is 36.4 :s FYI i went back and forth then re did the vehicle branch but nothing. i did the steam verify integrity of files & nothing. All PC hardware is up to date and im using the vehicle version 19.1 i think it said in the bottom left area of my screen.

1 hour ago, ThyRootBeer said:

Just to note, i cannot go back to 37.14 as my previous version is 36.4 :s FYI i went back and forth then re did the vehicle branch but nothing. i did the steam verify integrity of files & nothing. All PC hardware is up to date and im using the vehicle version 19.1 i think it said in the bottom left area of my screen.

If there is no solution from the Dev's I'd suggest to re-install the game itself ? It happened with me on Unturned and some other games a few times, not sure why, but maybe your files got corrupt or there's a bug. I hope you can get some much needed help from the community or Dev's.

I am spawning into rosewood, went to all car parks and some of the houses by the church and there was no cars. i went to the prison and then back on myself up the long road to the wood place well outside the town and nothing. The last time i played there were road blocks made from cars usable or burnt out, i dont even get them.

Legoland99, i have reinstalled the game, i also deleted all files related to zomboid from all locations (i am pc savvy) and reinstalled and still no cars. 

Basically i got an update to PZ from steam around the 8th sept but i hadn't played a new save game yet. when i logged on to play on the 9th, there was a second small update to PZ but nothing updated on the news section. i went on to play started a new save and no cars. i checked all related files etc including what i have already said above.

i checked the Console text file, it shows like 5 or lines identifying that named vehicles were loaded but i am at a loss as to why i cant find them?

As i cannot seem to find anyone with this issue right now, i wont report it properly until i can be sure its an actual bug and if it were a bug, why is it a constant bug regardless of save games, fresh installs etc. im used to seeing log files so i guess the console text file is the games log when loaded but it doesn't show anything untoward.

however, i dont get a message warning me that using the vehicle branch is experimental like i did the first time i switched to it. Also when i click the details button next to where it says vehicle branch 19.1 in the bottom right corner, its completely blank??

14 minutes ago, ThyRootBeer said:

As i cannot seem to find anyone with this issue right now, i wont report it properly until i can be sure its an actual bug and if it were a bug, why is it a constant bug regardless of save games, fresh installs etc. im used to seeing log files so i guess the console text file is the games log when loaded but it doesn't show anything untoward.

however, i dont get a message warning me that using the vehicle branch is experimental like i did the first time i switched to it. Also when i click the details button next to where it says vehicle branch 19.1 in the bottom right corner, its completely blank??

Update, i changed to previous version of game, loaded it then quit and reloaded latest version, quit again and loaded vehicle branch, i spawn in rosewood on hardcore survival, cannot find vehicle & no road blocks. 

i spawn in muldrough < forgive my spelling if its incorrect, i run 50 yards and there is a white truck/van parked under a canopy. I think i have an issue with rosewood maybe??

1 minute ago, ThyRootBeer said:

Update, i changed to previous version of game, loaded it then quit and reloaded latest version, quit again and loaded vehicle branch, i spawn in rosewood on hardcore survival, cannot find vehicle & no road blocks. 

i spawn in muldrough < forgive my spelling if its incorrect, i run 50 yards and there is a white truck/van parked under a canopy. I think i have an issue with rosewood maybe??

Hmm, message me in private and we can both test this out and see. I think Rosewood had cars.

4 minutes ago, Legoland99 said:

Message me in private, let's skype and use the screen sharing to try and help figure out your problem, okay ? Hit me up in private and I'll let my skype there.

Tomorrow i can, its late 11pm and i have work tomorrow so if i cannot suss it out i have to isolate the rosewood issue unless vehicle spawn rate for rosewood was decreased on hardcore survival a little too much :D

1 minute ago, ThyRootBeer said:

Tomorrow i can, its late 11pm and i have work tomorrow so if i cannot suss it out i have to isolate the rosewood issue unless vehicle spawn rate for rosewood was decreased on hardcore survival a little too much :D

From the UK I bet. 1:09 am here. Tomorrow I'll be pretty busy but I might make some time :x

Archived