Moving a picnic table (heavy, 4 parts)

Exivus

Trying to move a picnic table in the game. It breaks down to 4 sprites on the ground, each weighing 20. I'm assuming I need to have all of these sprites in my main inventory to place it back down, but I can't figure out how to get all 4 of them (weighing a total of 80) in my main inventory in order to place it. I've tried equipping two of them and carrying the others, but can only carry a third object - can't get the fourth one in there. Is there something I'm missing or is it just impossible to move a picnic table?

2 hours ago, Exivus said:

can only carry a third object - can't get the fourth one in there.

In addition to what TheLeonBM said, you could carry all of it's components if movement speed isn't a problem for you, because at the moment there's no health penalty for carrying too much weight :)  (sadly)

On 09/09/2017 at 7:25 PM, jinoz said:

In addition to what TheLeonBM said, you could carry all of it's components if movement speed isn't a problem for you, because at the moment there's no health penalty for carrying too much weight :)  (sadly)

Altho true that there is no health penalty, there is a hard cap of 50, so you can't fill up on heavy stuff despite your iron spine. Found out myself when raiding for wood logs (9 weight) took me a couple of trips to fill the trunk on the car. Not complaining, but I think this is what OP is experiencing that makes it impossible to hold the entire table at once.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lightning Flash said:

Why don't they create a "move furniture" system that was like it was before (or was it in a mod?) where you just push against an object to move it, but a modern way of doing it would be to highlight it, click "move furniture" and it would move with you, allowing you to push or pull it in any direction.

Yeah the moving along with you and a speed penalty when doing so would be the way to go.

14 hours ago, Lightning Flash said:

Why don't they create a "move furniture" system that was like it was before (or was it in a mod?) where you just push against an object to move it, but a modern way of doing it would be to highlight it, click "move furniture" and it would move with you, allowing you to push or pull it in any direction.

That's part of the goal of the physics system used for vehicles.

Archived