Will plywood boards and junk fences ever be a thing?

Brex

With the recent hurricane that devastated southeastern Texas and another massive storm about to hit Florida, I've noticed that many homeowners who haven't evacuated are boarding up their doors and windows using plywood boards. So I wonder: could that be used in Project Zomboid?

I've brought this up before as a suggestion but now I feel it should be a general discussion. You can find plywood at pretty much any warehouse and hardware store, so it stands to reason that it could be available to use for boarding up doors and windows. Sure, it'd probably be weaker than planks or metal sheets, but it could be very useful to low level players that aren't very skilled in carpentry. 

In addition, I think there could be improvements to the "furniture as barricades" feature, plus the addition of "junk" that you can scavenge in order to make weak-but-easy-to-build walls and fences. Whether its stuff like tires, boxes, luggage, stacks of wood, bags of trash, wrecked vehicles, and other stuff to hastily construct a wall that you can use as a temporary line of defense. 

Finally, as I noted above, I think you should be able to overturn furniture and use it to fully block doors and windows. Currently you can't do that, you can only create a mini barrier around the window or door. You should be able to fully block openings to your safehouse using furniture. 

Thats my discussion. If the moderators deem this more of a suggestion thread, sorry that I posted in the wrong place. 

Archived