Fixes for long-standing bugs?

CaptainDingo

There are a few bugs in Zomboid that have existed for quite some time, are a bit annoying, and some have even allegedly been fixed but were never really fixed.

Example of a few of these:

• Ever since the colored highlight was added to zombies/containers being looted, there has been a bug where (quite frequently) a zombie's loot highlight won't go away. This is almost foolproof to reproduce - simply loot a zombie so that it's highlighted, then click somewhere to close the loot window. If the highlight goes away, just try looting it while facing a different direction before closing the loot window, try it in a few directions and you'll make a stuck highlight pretty easily.
  • "Disembodied" audio sources that never go away. The digital watch alarm may have been fixed (not sure), but the flies sound from too many corpses being around never goes away and turns that spot into a permanent, very loud fly buzzing area that you tend to avoid just to maintain your own sanity. Picking up and burying all the bodies doesn't make the flies sound disappear. It seems every time we get a new feature with a disembodied/looping sound effect, this bug re-emerges. (Most frequently happens in multiplayer.)

Anyone have any other examples?

Not sure if its a bug or intended but I've noticed for ages that water bottles will lose some of their capacity over time. A full pop bottle will originally be 0.8 but after an undetermined amount of refills, will slowly drop down to 0.7-0.6 etc.

I might be wrong and it is supposed to represent deterioration of the bottle, which I could understand with plastic bottles. Perhaps the bottle became crumpled and doesn't hold quite as much water, but it happens with the whiskey bottles as well, which I assume are glass.

Archived