More Erosion Options (Up To 20 Yrs)

Lightning Flash

I remember when it was just a mod, the Erosion would cover large areas of the road, sidewalks, driveways and buildings. It would look like a place abandoned for twenty years at best.

But now the erosion just seems to have some vines here and there, some grass patches here and there, and so on. Of course, that's only one year. But how far should it go?

I think it should go up to twenty years. At this point, very little would remain and most food would have gone bad by then. I don't know if any canned foods would survive up to this point, considering the average expiration is 3-6 years, so most food is gone and the only water would be by the river. The only way for this time to work right would be to give the player a couple of cans to suggest they were in a camp off map and are no longer there. Maybe there could be a safe-zone that was recently overrun, allowing a good stockpile of supplies. Then there's the nonperishable foods that would be edible.

Clothing at this point would be dirty after neglect from twenty years.

The zombies would be shamblers, definitely decayed. Don't know how they'd look after twenty years. Perhaps it could imply that Knox and few others were lost to the infection, and the rest of America finally fell twenty years later. That could work.

This period of time would only be for the most hardcore or experienced players, or just people who'd like to see how hard it is.

I don't know, I just really love erosion and landscapes becoming overgrown with plant life. I'd just really love to see what places like Muldraugh and West Point would look like after twenty years.

Edited by Lightning Flash

18 hours ago, jinoz said:

I'm confused, you mean that "Months Since Apocalypse" options should go up to 20 years?, or like, erosion should keep evolving till 20 in-game years? :o 

Whoops, forgot to add onto that, haha.

What I meant was that the "Months Since The Apocalypse" option should stay, but there should be an added "Years Since The Apocalypse" that goes up to twenty years. As for the erosion, I also mean that. Here's what I mean:

At its current state, the erosion only goes up to twelve months, one year, and stops there. What I'd like to see is a massive expansion on that system so that the erosion progresses all the way up to twenty years, visibly showing in the sense that vines would grow over buildings, broken windows would have vines making their way into buildings, houses and other buildings falling apart, and the roads becoming mossy and covered with nature as it takes back the land.

That way, if people wanted to feel like they were playing something straight out of The Last Of Us, they could do it that way.