More Zombie Sandbox Options

Lightning Flash

Whoopie, another post nobody will see! :D

"Joking" aside, I'd really like to see more options for the zombies in the sandbox menu. While there are so many good options now, I feel like some more would add more replay value with it.

For me, I'd like to see:

Blind and Deaf. Blind so, while it's easier to explore, it's still frightening to see them just sitting there not being able to see you. Deaf so you could freely use a gun if you wanted to, while they could still see you. These two would go hand in hand together. "But then the zombies wouldn't do anything." Of course, until you brush up against them. I've been watching TLOU playthroughs again, as well as playing with Insomnia, so having blind zombies is always cool.

Zombies Wander. I know zeds wander from metagame events, but I really enjoyed it when the majority of them were just shambling on their own accord, as zombies typically do, without the metagame being responsible except for changing their course. Zombies would wander, and sometimes few would stop for a bit and stand as they do, before wandering again. In the early builds, zombies would wander everywhere. It'd be nice to see that even as an option if it never makes it back as a feature.

Mixed Speeds. It's nice that we have the choices of slow, medium, and fast. However, it'd be cool to have these mixed together, so you'd not only have to deal with walkers, but joggers and runners.

Disease type. I guess this would ruin the point of PZ, but then again, that's why it's called Sandbox, right? This would give you the option to choose what type the infection is. Right now, I'll just list two options: Virus and Fungus. The virus is the infection as is currently. The fungus would create places where the infection would linger in the air, commonly in some buildings, randomized each playthrough, perhaps even the ability for the spores of the infection to travel in weather (let's just say rain for now). Places infested with spores would have bits of fungus covering it. Of course, this would require the implementation of a gas mask, the implementation of the fungus' abilities, plus the ability for you to get infected from standing in buildings or in rain and such, and plenty of other factors that would either be impossible or something IS just doesn't want to do. So it'd be up to them on this one.

I'll probably update this with more stuff.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:23 PM, Lightning Flash said:

Blind and Deaf. Blind so, while it's easier to explore, it's still frightening to see them just sitting there not being able to see you. Deaf so you could freely use a gun if you wanted to, while they could still see you. These two would go hand in hand together. "But then the zombies wouldn't do anything." Of course, until you brush up against them. I've been watching TLOU playthroughs again, as well as playing with Insomnia, so having blind zombies is always cool.

Don't forget, they can also smell you. Cut your finger on a broken window and they all come alive, and track you like a pack of wild dogs.

Also, it would be cool to have a setting to make senses randomized such that only some zombies were blind and/or deaf (while others are eagle eyed echolocators.)

Zombies Wander. I know zeds wander from metagame events, but I really enjoyed it when the majority of them were just shambling on their own accord, as zombies typically do, without the metagame being responsible except for changing their course. Zombies would wander, and sometimes few would stop for a bit and stand as they do, before wandering again. In the early builds, zombies would wander everywhere. It'd be nice to see that even as an option if it never makes it back as a feature.

Yeah, we NEED roaming hoards. And, even when urban concentrated, they should occasionally wander through the forests. It's way too safe in the wilderness.

Disease type. I guess this would ruin the point of PZ, but then again, that's why it's called Sandbox, right? This would give you the option to choose what type the infection is. Right now, I'll just list two options: Virus and Fungus. The virus is the infection as is currently. The fungus would create places where the infection would linger in the air, commonly in some buildings, randomized each playthrough, perhaps even the ability for the spores of the infection to travel in weather (let's just say rain for now). Places infested with spores would have bits of fungus covering it. Of course, this would require the implementation of a gas mask, the implementation of the fungus' abilities, plus the ability for you to get infected from standing in buildings or in rain and such, and plenty of other factors that would either be impossible or something IS just doesn't want to do. So it'd be up to them on this one.

Excellent suggestion!

But one of the great aspects of the game is the mystery surrounding the ... Infestation.  Instead of explicitly starting that the disease/curse (etc.) is viral or fungal in nature, there could just be additional infection options.maybe there could be (at least) two additional options in zombie lore:

1) Infected areas. High chance of infection by being in an infected area presumably through contract. Certain heavy (and hot!) clothing protects

2) airborne. Like 1, except gas masks protect and the areas change over time.

(both toggle yes/no and moodles, and maybe some tech should indicate that you are in an infected area-- get away quick!)

Also, it should be possible to play with both 1 and 2 >:) 

Edited by grammarsalad