More types of vehicles.

myhappines

Hi all. Some people started this tread before, but I want to share my thoughts. NOTHING about bicycles, and vehicles whis visual aspect, that cant be released now. For now there are some types of cars, such as : sedan, station wagon, pickup, different van's, and a sport car. 

Buttt, the are no such class of car like 4-door SUV's and also buses and taxis, etc.

So, this is my ideas: 

As for me, it will be cool to see in game sutch SUV like 1990 jeep cherokee, or smth like it

image.jpg.388a3e71f404005f452e9c543a78efc7.jpg

As a taxi may be used sedan model with tag, but if it will look like a 1987 chevy caprice it would be much better =)) 

image.jpg.0de0b623b5691a847c8d3fb4962bb1a5.jpg

As a bus can be used MCI GRAYHOUND MC9, or something like it. 

image.jpg.0342ddddf9979e9bc418b7cfaee24d1e.jpg

If you guys will add this thing it will be SUPERCOOL!!! Riding on the highway and smashing zombies on something like 1990 Peterbilt 362 semi truck will be amazing!

image.jpg.6ef5afeae3851b0061d0402d8eda9cf6.jpg

Also adding trailers to the game will be a cool thing, with it, for example, you can carry more loot or materials if you are driving a small car, or just a car with small trunkimage.jpg.c7d064867f616fb20fe4484deb0856e9.jpg

Or even live in it =)))

image.jpg.6e31450978dcc047ff95b4f05d4fdab8.jpg

Adding RV's to game also will be awersome, for example, you can live out of city, in your RV,  actualy, feeds on what nature gives, and even forget about zombies!xDD

It can be like 1990 Ford jamboree or other class C motorhome

image.jpg.4a8d54f022065cbb3e14d986df90d8a6.jpg

Of cource big vehicles like trucks, buses, RV's and existing vans should use more gas than regular city cars, and also they should have more storage space. I have too much thougts about this, so maybie I'll create other post, where will be more details and ideas. 

And what do you guys think about it all?

I'd like to see RVs make it into the game with the vehicles. Don't know how that would work out, considering if it has an interior, it would have to be parked at a diagonal angle in order for the game to render its interior, and other variants of its interior when it's at other angles. If that's not possible, an RV would only be restricted to a vehicle and nothing else.

Apart from the SUV and Taxi, the other type of vehicles suggested bring with them some technical and gameplay challenges. Probably not insurmountable (although I'm not a programmer!) but since we've not currently got the core set of vehicles fully functional it'll be a while before we see any new vehicles.

As mentioned I do have the taxi modelled, it is essentially the NormalCar with "roof stuff", and there are some WIP military vehicles and a few other WIP models.

If only I could post some screen shots :cry:

6 hours ago, martingee said:

Apart from the SUV and Taxi, the other type of vehicles suggested bring with them some technical and gameplay challenges. Probably not insurmountable (although I'm not a programmer!) but since we've not currently got the core set of vehicles fully functional it'll be a while before we see any new vehicles.

As mentioned I do have the taxi modelled, it is essentially the NormalCar with "roof stuff", and there are some WIP military vehicles and a few other WIP models.

Pff. What's the worst that could happen

On 07.09.2017 at 0:12 PM, martingee said:

Yeah,  trailers and rv's needs gameplay changes, i understand it. But other types of cars like lorries, trucks, suvs etc. seems to doesent need it, cause mechanics stills the same, only model and textures are different.

13 hours ago, myhappines said:

Yeah,  trailers and rv's needs gameplay changes, i understand it. But other types of cars like lorries, trucks, suvs etc. seems to doesent need it, cause mechanics stills the same, only model and textures are different.

Well I did say "gameplay challenges". A truck/lorry could be way too powerful so some thought needs to go into how something like this is implemented.

Variation in models and textures would be good and as with a lot of PZ, this may be left up to the community mod in. But again, that's not really my decision.

I also think spawn distribution, rarety etc needs balancing so not so many certain types get spawned. I think RJ may be looking at that atm.

1 hour ago, martingee said:

Well I did say "gameplay challenges". A truck/lorry could be way too powerful so some thought needs to go into how something like this is implemented.

Variation in models and textures would be good and as with a lot of PZ, this may be left up to the community mod in. But again, that's not really my decision.

I also think spawn distribution, rarety etc needs balancing so not so many certain types get spawned. I think RJ may be looking at that atm.

Sorry for missuderstanding. Chek it out, im already making some re-textures https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22719-vehicle-showroom/

But thats a small problem,  even with new textures, all cars still looks the same, because all of them uses one 3d model =((

Edited by myhappines

3 hours ago, myhappines said:

Sorry for missuderstanding. Chek it out, im already making some re-textures https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22719-vehicle-showroom/

But thats a small problem,  even with new textures, all cars still looks the same, because all of them uses one 3d model =((

Ah yes, saw them, good work! Pretty much all the ones you've done were reference for the models. Great minds think alike! :)

4 hours ago, myhappines said:

There's a lot of other models. Just this sedan spawns too often.