[Steam Server] Does Environment change automatically?

Zargan

Hey guys,

there is a question that i cant answer myself. I started a server (official steam Version 37.14) with the ingame menu "host game".

In the sandbox Settings you can choose some pre Settings like "1 day after infection", "1 month after infection" etc. (cant remember the names of that settings at the moment).

We used for our server the first (beginning of apocalypse) setting and started to play. There are now really much items everywhere and ist pretty easy. Thats what we expected to do....for the game start.

But will the world change with a server like it's on singleplayer? Will the settings change after some days playing to the next "pre settings" phase? Or will the server now stay forever at this presettings I configured at the start?

I hope not? Feels terrible to know that I have to change it myself as admin, that the world will become harder.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings,

Flo

7 hours ago, Zargan said:

But will the world change with a server like it's on singleplayer? Will the settings change after some days playing to the next "pre settings" phase? Or will the server now stay forever at this presettings I configured at the start?

It will stay like that forever, I can set you up some settings for your server, it'll start easy then it'll get harder, I'll private message you the instructions and file, so check your messages :) 

• 1 month later...

You could do what we do on our server. At the start, we have the config set to respawn loot. After that, we then change it to turn off loot. As time progresses we adjust settings manually to reflect how we want it. For example, when we want power on and off. We also will be playing with the zombies configs to make them harder to kill as time goes on but we have not gotten to that point yet. 

To me, the best type of server is one that is constantly evolving. We like to force these changes ourselves as we run an RP server. So, we like to make power outages for a day or two, then turn it back on.... stuff like that.