Can't start Vehicle Tech Branch server on Linux 64bits

Reid

Everytime I try to start the server, either through 'Host' button or running start-server.sh, it crashes. I always get the same output... However IWBUMS server starts fine with no problems

This is the output:

$ LD_PRELOAD=/media/data/ld/libstdc++.so.6 ./start-server.sh
64-bit java detected
SVN REVISION 964
1503889850978 versionNumber=Vehicle Test 17 demo=false
1503889850979 server name is "servertest"
1503889850999 Loading networking libraries...
1503889850999 Loading RakNet64...
1503889851112 Loading ZNetNoSteam64...
1503889851135 znet: ZNet loaded
1503889851135 SteamUtils started without Steam
1503889851402 before initOptions()
1503889851410 translator: language is EN
1503889851760 ERROR: Missing translation "UI_ServerOptionDesc_TimeMultiplier"
1503889851761 before mkdirs
LightingFPS set to 15
1503889851847 reading /home/jcurwen/Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini
1503889851902 writing /home/jcurwen/Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini
1503889851906 before LoggerManager.init()
1503889852054 after LoggerManager.init()
1503889852073 user database "/home/jcurwen/Zomboid/db/servertest.db"
1503889852433 Router detection/configuration starting.
1503889852433 If the server hangs here, set UPnP=false.
1503889855631 UPnP-enabled internet gateway found: http://192.168.1.254:80/upnp/control/igd/wanpppc_1_1_1
1503889855708 External IP address: 201.253.210.175
1503889855708 trying to setup port forwarding rules...
1503889855709 znet: Using http://192.168.1.254:80/upnp/control/igd/wanpppc_1_1_1 to map external UDP port 16261 to local port 16261...
1503889855709 znet: Checking if the port is already mapped...
1503889856608 znet: Failed to get existing mapping: 714 (NoSuchEntryInArray)
1503889856608 znet: Adding mapping to the routing table...
1503889861612 znet: UPNP_AddPortMapping() succeeded, testing now...
1503889863541 znet: UPNP_GetSpecificPortMappingEntry() succeeded, seems that we're good
1503889863542 znet: UPNP_GetSpecificPortMappingEntry() results: intClient == '192.168.1.68', intPort == '16261', duration == '1197'
Default port has been mapped successfully
Initialising Server Systems...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lgnu/trove/map/hash/TIntObjectHashMap;
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2509)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicFields(Class.java:2540)
	at java.lang.Class.getFields(Class.java:1428)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeStatics(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:388)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJava(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:366)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:577)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJava(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:541)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeList(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:562)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:580)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJava(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:541)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeList(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:562)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:588)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:585)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:582)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:580)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:585)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:582)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJava(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:550)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:588)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJava(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:550)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:573)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaByClass(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:573)
	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaClassExposer.exposeLikeJavaRecursively(LuaJavaClassExposer.java:525)
	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager$Exposer.exposeAll(LuaManager.java:567)
	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.init(LuaManager.java:643)
	at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:2260)
	at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:610)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: gnu.trove.map.hash.TIntObjectHashMap
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
	... 66 more

What can I do to get it working?

Get the entire console output, go to the following adress in your PC:

Users > YourUserHere > Zomboid

You'll see a file named "console.txt", attach it in this thread or just select everything inside the file and paste it in your next post (preferentially inside a "spoiler" if possible, to do that click on the eye icon above, looks like this 790b1b507854febbdc5ad40f7d6753d6.png)

53 minutes ago, Reid said:

Thanks for your reply. I think you meant server-console.txt (since the last time I tried to run the server I used start-server.sh file), but I uploaded both just in case

Yeah uploading both would do it :)  I think the console.txt would contain everything if you're using the Host button, but if you're executing the server bat file it would be saved in server-console.txt, I think that's how it works but I'm not completely sure, I'm new-ish too :D 

Now we wait for @EnigmaGrey , I think he's the only one in Support team, at least I haven't seen anyone else, but he must be sleeping now :o 

Great :)

Do you know how can I disable the admin powers? I managed to host the server (windows version) through wine, but when I log in with the admin account I don't see any option to disable admin powers and play as a normal user... I remember when using the "Host" option there was a dialog box asking you to click on "Ok" to deactivate admin powers until you needed them again... But here I can't use the "Host" option, I must connect with the Linux client to the Windows server. Is there a command I can use on my dedicated server?

4 hours ago, Reid said:

Great :)

Do you know how can I disable the admin powers? I managed to host the server (windows version) through wine, but when I log in with the admin account I don't see any option to disable admin powers and play as a normal user... I remember when using the "Host" option there was a dialog box asking you to click on "Ok" to deactivate admin powers until you needed them again... But here I can't use the "Host" option, I must connect with the Linux client to the Windows server. Is there a command I can use on my dedicated server?

Admin accounts work differently for dedicated servers. They're either one or the other, not toggle-able between the two. You'll need to create a separate player account.

You can also do this from the server  console, but the change requires you to log out. It also isn't retained due to a bug with that specific command, making it even more pointless to try.

Closest thing you can get to an admin just being a player is disabling godmode and invisible (/godmod and /invisible in local chat) with cheats disabled in the Admin Panel ( Esc -> Admin Panel).

12 minutes ago, dma_1987 said:

I'm having the same issues like yours. I'm not on Linux, am on windows though. IWBUMS works fine but not the vehicle tech test. Doesn't even start, just terminates.

It'd be best to post this in a separate thread if you haven't already, otherwise these threads get confusing fast.

Just now, EnigmaGrey said:

Admin accounts work differently for dedicated servers. They're either one or the other, not toggle-able between the two. You'll need to create a separate player account.

You can also do this from the server  console, but the change requires you to log out. It also isn't retained due to a bug with that specific command, making it even more pointless to try.

Closest thing you can get to an admin just being a player is disabling godmode and invisible (/godmod and /invisible in local chat) with cheats disabled in the Admin Panel ( Esc -> Admin Panel).

It'd be best to post this in a separate thread if you haven't already, otherwise these threads get confusing fast.

6 hours ago, Reid said:

Thanks for your reply. I think you meant server-console.txt (since the last time I tried to run the server I used start-server.sh file), but I uploaded both just in case

server-console.txt

console.txt

Trove jar is missing for some reason. 

Place this in the installation directory  and see if it works. The script file  might also have to be altered, but I can't check right at the moment.

trove-3.0.3.jar

I keep geting the same problem in the latest vehicle release (with the vanilla trove jar and also the trove jar you provided)

This time the log is from the "Host" option in the main menu

After "Loading world" it just says "Server has stopped during launch (NormalTermination)"

Thinkpad x220

Processor: Intel i5 2520M 2.5 GHz

Ram: 4gb DDR3

Vehicles branch works fine under wine (windows version is installed in another SteamLibrary), the problem is present only when using the native linux binaries. I already tried deleting the whole game from Steam (Linux) and then downloading the vehicles branch again

coop-console.txt

console.txt

Server seems to be failing due to a recently fixed bug with map version. It'll be fixed in the next update (hopefully that's today).

Also explains a few reports we had earlier about save games breaking. It's due to Riverside being added, so the version numbers don't match up. The game was failing to convert the saves to the new map.

• 4 months later...
On 27.1.2018 at 5:02 PM, arkahys said:

this error should be solved ?
Can't have a server work.
linux64, steam , vehicles 34.1
exactly same logs.

Same logs like OP, not starting because of this?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lgnu/trove/map/hash/TIntObjectHashMap;

If so, you should be able to fix this with moving the trove-3.0.3.jar from main installation directory to ./java

On 28/01/2018 at 12:28 PM, Vindelle_Pounze said:

Same logs like OP, not starting because of this?

If so, you should be able to fix this with moving the trove-3.0.3.jar from main installation directory to ./java

thanks, working.