Unarmed, fists, bare handed fighiting, boxing, martial arts etc. etc. (question for staff)

Body Builder

I ask here, if some staff can to answer me, please......

There will be a unarmed combat system more improved and expanded of the current one, for the future?

I mean:

- Animations of punches with more types of fists  (Jab, Straight, hook, uppercut - Boxing style)

- Animations of a pair of kicks (at medium and high height)

Thanks in advance

@Body BuilderUnarmed combat is already in the game.  What you are really asking for is additional animations displaying combat styles. The reality is, you still are doing "damage" with your bare-handed pushes, just the same as if you were doing backflip kick.

@jakeythesnake04 While an 'unarmed' combat skill makes sense, what it would really require is a complete overhaul of how damage is calculated in unarmed combat - that means the current damage would likely be less, and make it harder for players who don't attain a weapon before running into trouble. 

Additionally, the idea of 'skilled' unarmed combat is not without high risk, bites, scratches, if you aren't shoving them away quickly, you are likely to get an injury that could result in infection which is lethal. 

It'd be interesting to see an update to combat. In most zombie movies, you see them being taken down by a kick to the knee and then a stab to the head. I'd love to see something similar and other take down moves. Depending on how strong and nimble you are, a running charge to push past a group.

On 25/8/2017 at 4:16 PM, makkenhoff said:

@Body BuilderUnarmed combat is already in the game.

Ehm, i know :D i play this game from the first launch xD.... i writed "There will be a unarmed combat system more improved and expanded of the current one, for the future?".

In my opinion, it's really important to script a fight system with punches and kicks, we can see it in all survival games.... but i am agree with you guys, we have to limit the mechanic, for to don't overpower it

I'd like to have an answer from the staff, if is it possible.

I'm not sure about punches tho. You could tear your skin off while punching a rotten meat bag and get infected or get pierced by a bone or something on them.  Kicks sure, but what I'd love to see is armour and the new clothes for now. Then can we start to discuss more about that I think.

On 26.08.2017 at 0:22 PM, Legoland99 said:

I'm not sure about punches tho. You could tear your skin off while punching a rotten meat bag and get infected or get pierced by a bone or something on them.  Kicks sure, but what I'd love to see is armour and the new clothes for now. Then can we start to discuss more about that I think.

You can hit zombie by bare hands one time if you don't have any weapon and in the trap..

2 minutes ago, Body Builder said:

It's possible to add fist and kick with some precautions... i repeat, it should be pleasant to have a final answer of the STAFF

You posted this in general discussion. You aren't just going to get staff answers.

However we won't be able to know what is finally in the game since the STAFF are overhauling the animation system where actions like that would be easier to do.

On 30/8/2017 at 0:07 PM, Damien Darkside said:

You posted this in general discussion. You aren't just going to get staff answers.

However we won't be able to know what is finally in the game since the STAFF are overhauling the animation system where actions like that would be easier to do.

And where do i should post it for to have an answer???  O_o

Ah "suggestion"... wrong, because it's the same.

Anyway it's not so difficult to write...... YES or NOT.... i didn't ask reasons or motivations of the answers, i only asked if it will be implemented or Not. Easy :-)

20 hours ago, Body Builder said:

And where do i should post it for to have an answer???  O_o

Ah "suggestion"... wrong, because it's the same.

Anyway it's not so difficult to write...... YES or NOT.... i didn't ask reasons or motivations of the answers, i only asked if it will be implemented or Not. Easy :-)

Currently the answer is "no" with a small "n". 

I do the anims and so far we haven't discussed unarmed combat the way you've described. That may change, hence the small "no", but that's not really my decision.

Problem is anything that breaks the skin is effectively a death sentence, making melee combat pretty pointless . . .  If zombies are ever able to grapple instead of catch you in their Slowification Field, this situation might not get better.

Protective gear could make the difference, I guess.

14 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Problem is anything that breaks the skin is effectively a death sentence, making melee combat pretty pointless . . .  If zombies are ever able to grapple instead of catch you in their Slowification Field, this situation might not get better.

Protective gear could make the difference, I guess.

An improved zombie grab.... is not bad as thing. It should be more realistic

18 hours ago, martingee said:

Currently the answer is "no" with a small "n". 

I do the anims and so far we haven't discussed unarmed combat the way you've described. That may change, hence the small "no", but that's not really my decision.

it's an answer.... thank you Martingee! ^^

Punching zombies = suicide

Punching people = great fun

Sometimes you might want to settle a heated debate with a bit of violence, but not kill each other.

Having a good old fist fight would be the slightly less fatal option than having an ax fight. 

Also, it would be really funny when people punch zombies and get infected ;P

On 8/25/2017 at 2:31 PM, DramaSetter said:

Reminds of classic Fallout series. There* was unarmed combat system.

Truly Useless..For zomboid it's fits more.

A jinxed, full strength, some agility, dumb as a rock and ugly as sin lucky character with good unarm combat is one of the funniest builds you can make in Fallout.

Doing groin critical hits that down the enemy, makes them lose a turn and everyone around you is having their gun jammed, exploding or just poking the eyes of everyone leaving them blind, unarm was useful and fun.

However, punching the living shit out of a zombie is probably a dumb idea, to be able to destroy the brain or whatever ruleset is used, you need a lot of strength and have fists of steel so you dont break your damn hands trying to break skulls.

But like Trojan said, punching the living fuck out of another human it could be fun, a method of obtaining info, resolve a heated matter with a angry NPC without making him either bleed to death, have his head crushed with a baseball bat or begin shot to death.

Archived