About Electricity

agreubill

[DISCLAIMER] I didn't play with Hydrocraft (far way too many things in it for my taste), so some ideas may be alrdy existing in this mod.[/DISCLAIMER]

Some suggestions to help this skill to get more lüv. Frankly, i'm not sure that any of these suggestions isn't more of bug report or highlighting some broken/unfinished business. If that's the case, fixes could sincerely be welcomed and appreciated :) 

1) Experience on ALL recipes tied to Electricity (at least in the craft menu)

So far, only dismantle (mainly radio, talkie, TV and some others) and making radio/talkie give exp.

Noise maker don't ; Remote (trigger and controler) don't ; Timer don't ; creating a handmade battery support for lamp don't.

It's pretty disappointing and sad...

Patch 40+ => Many electicals things could now be dismantle now and really help your skill up. Not sure on the creation side, but it's now far more decent

2) Slighty up the loot ratio of TV remote & Home Alarm

TV Remote are really too rare*. Unfortunatelly, this is a key component for a part of recipes (all the remote controlers).

Patch 39.67.5 => Increased the spawn rate of remote control. (Ty Devs) ; still need to play on that patch to see the difference.

Home alarm (the item, not the noise event) can't be found anywere. I'm still not sure if it's implemented/actually in game or not (never found one...), but it could be really good to make them more noticeable in houses where they're supposed to be (said : houses with alarm). Unfortunately, this is a key component for motion sensors (which you still can find time to time...).

3a) Directly get battery from dismantled Radio/Talkie.

So far, we had to put them in the world, click them and manually remove the battery OR equip them in main hand and manually remove the battery... It's tedious.

And basically, that also say the battery just disappeared when you dismantle the damn object.

Solved since 38.26 IWBUMS. (Ty devs)

3b) Give us a "remove battery" for radio/talkie in inventory

Basicaly, same stuff and line of command as we actually have for flashlight. Right click on radio/talkie, to get the command line "remove battery 1 / All".

Solved since 38.26 IWBUMS. (Ty devs)

4) Electrician profession

Mention in the occupation description (at character creation), it also give you most of the electrical recipes.

5) Additionnal item

Add item "Wiring tools" in the game

6) Alternative connection to house powergrid

Allow us to connect a moved lampost/lamp to a house powergrid

Recipe

=> Need Wiring tools & Screwdriver [Equiped in main and secondary hands]

+ electric_wire (2 units) / Aluminium (2 units) / Electronic Scrap (1 unit) / Adhesive tape OR Glue (1 unit)

Electricity Lvl Required

5 (to be in range with the Elec lvl required for batconnector).

New connected lamps will be lighted if/when the house is powered (before electricity  shutdown and in a house powered by a generator).

It's an alternate method (for BatteryConnector thing) to bring light to your safehouse. But you can't light it off (but see point 8 below).

7) New Take/Place/Rotate option

Allows us to Take Switch (using screwdriver) in houses and get "Switch" item (Base.Switch) from it.

Electricy lvl 1-2 (?) maybe required.

8) Additionnal recipe

Allows us to connect "Switch" to a (eventually moved) lamp-post.

Recipe

=> Need Wiring tools + Screwdriver [Equiped in main and secondary hands]

+ Electric_wire (1 unit) + Aluminium (1 unit) + Electric_Scrap (1 unit) / Adhesive tape OR Glue (1 unit)

Electricity Lvl Required

This will basically allows the Context_Command Light on/off for the said lamppost.

10) Add little Electricity XP when you repair a generator (suggested by JayM)

11) Fix the Screwdriver priority

Small QoL modification ;

Build 39.XX => Game still take a new Screwdriver (if one is available) in your backpack when you disassemble/assemble something tied to Elec.

12a) Ability to reload Battery (not car's one)

12b) Ability to craft a hand-made battery reloader (i'm not Electrician myself, so it's maybe not really possible to do that). Elec. lvl required ofc.

13) Option to Attach a noise-maker (using Duct Tape) to other launched bombs (Pire, Incendiary, etc.) ; i undrstd this feel very L4D, but why not ?

14) Recipe to craft a hand-made Car's Battery reloader (still not Electrician myself, so it's maybe not really possible to do that). Elec. lvl required ofc.

15) Up the loot ratio of Watches

For a game set in 1993, the loot ratio of watches is really toooo low.

16) Ability to attach A remote Trigger (using duct-tape, as usual) to a lamp/lamp post/Lamp on pillar to be able to light it on/off from range (the said lamp must be connected to some source of power [ie : power grid (usual or generator's one) or some connected Battery) with the usual adequate remote controler (V1 to V3).

17a) Ability/Recipe to make a Timer V2 (using watches or cloak) and "program" it to be active from Time A to Time B (in Hour/Min). Elec lvl required ofc.

17b) Ability to attach said Timer V2 (using duct-tape, as usual) to a lamp/lamp post/Lamp on pillar. Said Lamp will be lighted from Time A to Time B (as long as it have access to power).

17c) Same could occur with Fridge.

=> Good way to manage your power (limited) supply.

Edited by agreubill
Added 3b on suggestion of 1demon1 / 3a & 3b corrected in 38.26 / Revamp open thread

7 часов назад, сказал agreubill:

3) непосредственно батареи из демонтированных Радио/рации.

До сих пор, мы должны были разместить их в мире, выделите их и вручную извлеките аккумулятор и помещать их в основной руке и вручную удалить батарею... это утомительно.

И в принципе, что еще сказать батареи просто исчез, когда вы разобрать этот чертов объект.

сейчас это действительно проблема, вы можете добавить в рецепт, чтобы вытащить аккумулятор из радио с фонариком

7 hours ago, agreubill said:

Directly get battery from dismantled Radio/Talkie.

So far, we had to put them in the world, click them and manually remove the battery OR equip them in main hand and manually remove the battery... It's tedious.

And basically, that also say the battery just disappeared when you dismantle the damn object.

now this is really a problem, you can add the recipe to pull out the battery from the radio as is done with a flashlight

12 minutes ago, 1demon1 said:

сейчас это действительно проблема, вы можете добавить в рецепт, чтобы вытащить аккумулятор из радио с фонариком

Nice google translate bro, i understand nothing :) 

Whenever i play i don't even bother using electrician, they love to add a lot of stuff and leave it half broken. Like when they added foraging for medical plants without fixing the bug that made you sleepy (now fixed), or when they added generators but made it on purpose that 6 month later players couldn't even try it becase you had to rush to the gas pumps before the shutoff or you'd be stuck with little to no gas in the whole world (not fixed yet, siphoning from cars will balance life, but as far as i'm aware it's not in the game yet).

or meral working, struggle twice as much as carpentry to build anything, and still wooden stuff has more hp... but at least metal stuff attracts zombies with its noise whenever hit.

that said, it might take years, but they always eventually fix stuff

I agree with most things you say Livio, but my intention wasn"t flaming, whinig or complaining endlessly.

I only put suggestions (which don't need any addition to the game) to strenghten a skill which could use some "adjustments". Tad of things in PZ have been put there (Metal Working is the most recent and strong example) but left "unfinished" (my feelings) or lacking a little bit extra polishing.

I hope "suggestions" section of this forum could help to highlight and "fix" them.

---

2 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

or when they added generators but made it on purpose that 6 month later players couldn't even try it becase you had to rush to the gas pumps before the shutoff or you'd be stuck with little to no gas in the whole world

Yep...

That's why i run with the "pump power" mod most of the time. I still thk it's a really fine addition that need to go into the "true" game ; it gives a bonus after shutdown, but it also give you a purpose (that's the most missing part on the long term) ; find generator, bring one at gas station (sometimes hell of an expedition), then you have (more or less) to come back on regular basis for fuel.

Edited by agreubill

But i wasn't neither flaming nor whining, i just stated my personal experience as feedback, if i had a problem with the game i wouldn't be posting criticism, i'd be deleting it and moving to something else.

The pumps one for example can be a really neat experience in mp, once we had a crazy run to scavenge gas with a guy panicking to extract as much as he could while the others fended the zeds away, then we had to defend people slowed down by cans and the generator while we escaped. 10/10 would do again.

I really hope the fix you suggested catches the attention they deserve, i never tried electrician for the reasons you stated above

5 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

But i wasn't neither flaming nor whining,

Wasn't implying you do, sorry if i let you thk that. I was trying to clarify my own intention.

5 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

The pumps one for example can be a really neat experience in mp, once we had a crazy run to scavenge gas with a guy panicking to extract as much as he could while the others fended the zeds away, then we had to defend people slowed down by cans and the generator while we escaped. 10/10 would do again.

That's exactly my feelings : a purpose/goal (with a real bonus) implying an adventure/expedition. Something to do after the 1st weeks/months of struggle for surviving. It creates story to tell (as you do) and feed memories :)

• 4 weeks later...

New bunch of suggestions/additions for Elec.

5) Add item "Wiring tools" in the game

6) Allow us to connect a moved lampost/lamp to a house powergrid using Wiring tools & Screwdriver [Equiped in main and secondary hands] and electric_wire (3 units).

Electricy lvl 4 required.

New connected lamps will be lighted if/when the house is powered (before electricity  shutdown and in a house powered by a generator=

7) Allows us to dismantle Switch (using scredriver) in houses and get "Switch" item from it.

Maybe Electricy lvl ? required.

8) Allows us to place Switch elsewhere on house's walls (using the take/place/rotate command).

9) Allows us to connect Switch to a moved lamp-post connected to a house power grid (using Wiring tools & Screwdriver [Equiped in main and secondary hands] and electric_wire (1 unit).

Electricy lvl ? required.

This will basically allows to light on/off the said moved lamppost with Conext command.

Edited by agreubill

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/08/2017 at 1:31 PM, agreubill said:

3a) Directly get battery from dismantled Radio/Talkie.

3b) Give us a "remove battery" for radio/talkie in inventory

Basicaly, same stuff and line of command as we actually have for flashlight. Right click on radio/talkie, to get the command line "remove battery 1 / All".

These points are solved since 38.26 IWBUMS. Ty devs :)

• 2 weeks later...

11) Fix the Screwdriver priority

Small QoL modifications ;

1) Still in 39.xx => Game still take a new Screwdriver (if one is available) in your backpack when you disassemble/assemble something tied to Elec

2) Put Screwdriver behind Butter Knive in priority order (game take Screwdriver only if no Butter Knive is available in Main Inventory.

12a) Ability to reload Battery (not car's one)

12b) Ability to craft a hand-made battery reloader (i'm not Electrician myself, so it's maybe not really possible to do that).

Edited by agreubill

14) Recipe to craft a hand-made Car's Battery reloader (still not Electrician myself, so it's maybe not really possible to do that). Elec. lvl required ofc.

15) Up the loot ratio of Watches

For a game set in 1993, the loot ratio of watches is really toooo low.

16) Ability to attach A remote Trigger (using duct-tape, as usual) to a lamp/lamp post/Lamp on pillar to be able to light it on/off from range (the said lamp must be connected to some source of power [ie : power grid (usual or generator's one) or some connected Battery) with the usual adequate remote controler (V1 to V3).

17a) Ability/Recipe to make a Timer V2 (using watches or cloak) and "program" it to be active from Time A to Time B (in Hour/Min). Elec lvl required ofc.

17b) Ability to attach said Timer V2 (using duct-tape, as usual) to a lamp/lamp post/Lamp on pillar. Said Lamp will be lighted from Time A to Time B (as long as it have access to power).

17c) Same could occur with Fridge.

=> Good way to manage your power (limited) supply.

Edited by agreubill