project zomboid How to: Git gud

bearmasksenpai

Yeah that step 6 really is a mystery. I died so frequently when I first started (damn small bathrooms) - and as demoralising as it was, I was hooked.

Yet this play through... somehow hundreds of zombies don't phase me anymore. As long as I have the blades I am a pro zombie cleaner. Something happens between step 5 and 7 ... but I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's an attitude change... "I'm already dead. So why fear for my life? Bring it on!"

I used to screw up my build and take bad combinations of traits.  Self-defence class, resilient, and tough-skinned are good together for example, because they all stack to make it difficult to get killed unless you get mobbed and bitten. I used to take sickly instead of resilient, which sort of made self-defence and tough-skinned pointless.  

Also, don't scavenge too much.  Take what you need.  I always get killed scavenging inside houses.

11 hours ago, JoeCuppa said:

I used to screw up my build and take bad combinations of traits.  Self-defence class, resilient, and tough-skinned are good together for example, because they all stack to make it difficult to get killed unless you get mobbed and bitten. I used to take sickly instead of resilient, which sort of made self-defence and tough-skinned pointless.  

Also, don't scavenge too much.  Take what you need.  I always get killed scavenging inside houses.

Houses are nothing. Just make sure you clear them and close all windows and doors before looting. Both those things give early warning sounds that zombies may be coming in for a visit and you won't end up surprised by one or two that just decided to use that window or door you left open when they heard you running around the house. Now the mall on the other hand so far has been a death sentence each time I try to clear it. Too many zombies and too many blind corners for them to hide around. :)

1) Fight with nailed baseball bat and die
2) Grab some guns, make a lot of noise, attract more zombies and die
3) Learn about saving fatigue, by cannot pushing and dying

4) Realize that firearms and blunt are useless
5) Learn that you can charge your pushing and take down up to 3 zombies with it
6) Learn to set on fire massive hordes

Archived