With Cars Naturally Comes....

JM_Forest_64

Road Construction!

road-construction-accident1.jpg.af8836f7dfb9678ab03014fe76b8ae9e.jpg

If England is anything like the United States (and there are a few similarities), then I assume that you Indie Stoners know about road construction.  All those roads in Knox county, and not a single construction site?  COMPLETELY unbelievable.  There should be a construction site on some point of the highway, with a lllooooooonnnnnggggg line of cars waiting on either side.

In truth, there's a lot of interesting things that could be found at the site.  A maintenance truck with metal bars, shovels, gravel bags, axes, etc.  Ditches that could be used to throw zombie bodies into.  A big dump truck for mowing down zombies.  I'm smiling just thinking about it!

Oooh  oooh, it would super cool if the construction site varied it's location on the highway!  It could be south of Muldraugh in one map, and up by Valley Station on another map.  That would be sweet.

13 hours ago, Thebig44 said:

*Insert positive feedback and mandatory upvote here*

Sure, I can do that for you.  Like this?

"JM_Forest_64, your mind is like a high-powered generator, humming with energy.  This idea is.... words can't do it justice.  It's amazing, like seeing the pale glow of the Milky Way for the first time.  What surprises me the most, truly, is that the game developers didn't start with this idea in the first place.  Right?  Start with a road construction game, add zombies.  Done.  Now, I shall "Like this" for thee!"

Is that what you were looking for?

15 hours ago, JM_Forest_64 said:

Sure, I can do that for you.  Like this?

"JM_Forest_64, your mind is like a high-powered generator, humming with energy.  This idea is.... words can't do it justice.  It's amazing, like seeing the pale glow of the Milky Way for the first time.  What surprises me the most, truly, is that the game developers didn't start with this idea in the first place.  Right?  Start with a road construction game, add zombies.  Done.  Now, I shall "Like this" for thee!"

Is that what you were looking for?

*Sniff* It's... Perfect.

It would be nice if these things could be randomly placed each new game world.

It was really nice to see how some houses could be boarded up / burned down on each new game at game start. (And be different every time!)

Things like this makes the world feel different and more real.

• 2 weeks later...

That'd be not only cool, but realistic as well. I live near Raleigh, and they're currently doing construction on the highway leading in and out of the city. This past Tuesday, as we were heading to my college, they added more construction barriers and forced all cars going into Raleigh to just one lane, resulting in a huge slowdown of traffic.

I could see something like that happening during this outbreak. Perhaps there was a construction site on the road that workers couldn't clear in time before the highway was inevitably overrun, forcing people to abandon their cars.

Speaking of roads, I'm hoping there will be large signs of gridlock on the roads, showing where people panicked and couldn't get out, like this: TWD ATLANTA