DaFk looking to forums for help on build 37.14....

AbbyMcballbag

since my pz doesnt work in coop anymore i tried all the tipps from the internet, but 50% of it is just bs sry to say but so it is, the other half is ment to fix issues with builds older than freakin gandalf.

so its very frustrating that there isnt just one simple guide how to run a server step by step and get connected STEP BY STEP for the build you are using NOW.

you are absolutly right enigma im sorry.

i was really tiered from trying to makes this work.

i hope u can help. my problem is i have not that high understanding  what is going on in the game language and orders.

so me and my friend can both launch coop servers but cant join each other. we can join other online servers.  we tried without mods, we tried both with fresh installed versions. i delete the folder in username/zomboid (doesnt work so i put them back). i tried to open my ports but nothing happend.

This is a co-op server created through the Hosts button, not one created with the dedicated server tool?

Go to %UserProfile%\Zomboid and grab the coop_console.txt file.  You can attach it to your reply.

Hopefully it'll tell us where it is failing.

Sorry for the delay in responding, Abby.

So it looks like for the most part everything is working fine. It's just that the Lua checksum is being triggered by your friend joining and they're being kicked.

This can happen when Steam updates the cilent or your friend switches from one branch to another, as Steam doesn't always clean out the files properly. Likewise, installing mods in the %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\ directory can have unintended consequences.

But, you shouldn't have to really do anything to resolve this. Just, whomever is admin, press ESC -> admin  panel -> open server options, and find the DoLuaChecksum option. Set it to false and apply your changes.

You should then be able to play with each other.