Best and worst traits?

bearmasksenpai

It heavily depends on your play stile and your experience with the game. Once you start getting acquainted with how things work and what you could potentially do in  every situation, you start noticing all the actual possibilities and your trait selection changes accordingly. Maybe if you could tell us things like  what your current approach to the game is, and what's what you enjoy doing the most we could be more helpful. :-)

In my honest opinion, the athletic perk is probably the most well rounded and benefitial perk in the game.
It allows you to travel a lot longer, and you don't have to worry about exhausting your character in combat. Like, at all.
That extra sprint speed helps too.

Anything that lowers your carry capacity/melee damage (below baseline) or causes you make more noise are the least desirable, at least to me. That and deafness, that can be very detrimental. Anything that buffs guns is nearly worthless.  As a weapon they will probably get you killed. As a diversion they can be useful for luring zombies to an area but you don't need any skill with them to accomplish that.

Best traits really depend on your playstyle. I like Strong/Stout the best overall. Athletic can save your life and save you time.

I play with a mod that alters fitness and strength XP gain, though I've altered the config to lower the amount from  mod baseline.  In any case, I take severely underweight, out of shape, and the others that affect muscle mass... and spend the first game month or so working them all off. On the positive traits, the only mandatory one I take is desensitized (as part of Veteran)

Best ? Athletic and Strong , fast learner , smoker and weak gut , pacifist ( literally just -25 % of earning points in weapons skills. Must have if you ain't needed high guns aim )

Worst ? Strong gut , cat vision , trait that lowers capacity of all your containers.  All traits that lower your stamina / strenght instantly.

Maybe there is something that i forget. Most of traits are unbalanced and i hope TIS work with them.

On 02.08.2017 at 9:43 PM, TheLeonBM said:

It heavily depends on your play stile and your experience with the game. Once you start getting acquainted with how things work and what you could potentially do in  every situation, you start noticing all the actual possibilities and your trait selection changes accordingly. Maybe if you could tell us things like  what your current approach to the game is, and what's what you enjoy doing the most we could be more helpful. :-)

100 % agreed. Traits that gives you more noise while walking are not such a problem if you are a strong man with 3+ blunt weapons skill and  conversely.

Archived