Sound randomly stops for a couple of seconds every few minutes

Marinus

Hello Everyone;

So to be clear, this is not a PZ-related problem, but a problem with my computer. I posted it on more specific forums, but no one even bothers to answer this far. So I might as well try it here.

I'm not sure how I can elaborate the problem, The audio cuts out for 1-2 seconds every couple of minutes. It resumes as normal after that; until a couple of minutes later that is. As far as I can tell it's the only thing that happens. There's no obvious pattern to it AFAICS, and it seems to happen whenever there's audio on, so it's rather generalized. It doesn't really break anything, but it's incredibly grating.

From what I read online I suspect it's a problem with the motherboard integrated Realtek Sound-card. The thing has given me other problems as it is. I tried to reinstall the driver, and played around with settings a bit, but I'm at my wit's end.

My specs are:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz 27 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology

RAM
8,00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-35)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B150M-D3H-CF (U3E1) 28 °C

Graphics
S24D300 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI) 27 °C

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRZ-00HTKB0 (SATA) 32 °C

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD0

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

-----------

Audio
Sound Cards
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek High Definition Audio

Playback Devices
Luidsprekers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (default)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

If anymore information is needed, I'll be glad to provide it.

Regards,
Marinus

Have you tried swapping audio cables or going with different speakers/headphones?

If you're using USB headphones with surround sound, removing their software and drivers can sometimes resolve this. I've had issues with them in the past, for some reason . . . 

Your nVidia graphics card is also capable of sound output via DisplayPort and HDMI, if you have a monitor with built-in speakers.  

If using the 3.5mm jack on the motherboard, you can download the audio drivers here: http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-B150M-D3H-DDR3-rev-10#support-dl Perhaps removing your old ones and installing these would bring  joy.

@Patrick H

It seems your problem is directly related to PZ while mine is a more general problem with the software and/or hardware of my PC.

@EnigmaGrey

I sort of found a crappy but effective solution to my problem, but it's a long story. A story that I already typed out on another forum, but apparently they have maintenance or something since I can'get to the thread. I'll eventually copy paste an exerpt for you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the bump but I just had to ask something. @Marinus what is the "crappy but effective solution"? I have almost the same exact computer as you and I have this problem. I have the b150m d3h, i5-6500, and the 750 ti. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 years and it just ruins the gaming experience and I have to tell people to repeat things so many times.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived