Well Built Walls

Cutflood

A tiny mod I made.  

Uploaded to steam, but I figured I'd add it here for anyone who would want it. :D 

DOES NOT ALTER ANY EXISTING CONSTRUCTION ON AN OLD SAVED GAME.

Any new construction, after the mod is activated, will be "Buffed". 

Steam description:

A tiny mod with a huge impact.
Makes the carpentry skills' wall health bonus that is applied to player construction a little beefier.
Log walls and other constructed items are now harder to destroy.

-Doubled the Initial health of multistage player construction. 
-Includes a buff to Metal construction too. (But Log Walls are still the strongest) 

-Quadrupled the health of Log Walls from 400 to 1600.
-The health bonus from each level of carpentry is now 250, not 100.
-The health bonus from the Handy trait is now 1000, not 100. (Makes taking that trait/profession WORTH it)

The reason I made this mod is simple. It's realistic. There is an old Revolutionary war fort near my hometown.
It is constructed from felled trees, much like the log walls in PZ. I have seen it and played in the fort as a kid my whole life. NEVER had I thought to myself, "These walls could easily be brought down by headbutting them."

Possible mod ideas for the future...
-Make it so that the zombies RECIEVE bash/thump damage from headbutting the walls as well. (Only a fraction)
As cranial/brain damage to zombies has historically been the #1 way of killing them. And if they spend all day bashing their head against a wall, they are gonna die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can edit the files yourself to change the wall health to what ever you like...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In ISBuildUtil.lua

buildUtil.getWoodHealth = function(ISItem)
    local playerObj = getSpecificPlayer(ISItem.player)
    local health = (playerObj:getPerkLevel(Perks.Woodwork) * 250); Change the 250 to a number you feel is more to your liking....
    if playerObj:HasTrait("Handy") then
        health = health + 1000; Same for the 1,000...
    end

In ISWoodenWall.lua

function ISWoodenWall:getHealth()
    if self.sprite == "carpentry_02_80" then -- log walls are stronger
        return 1600 + buildUtil.getWoodHealth(self); Change the 1,600 to a number you feel is more to your liking....
    else
        return 400 + buildUtil.getWoodHealth(self); Same for the 400...
    end

In MultiStageBuild.txt

In the file, find the entry: BonusHealth:###, ### being a number designating the walls base health. Change to anything you like. 

Each construction has it's own health value, WoodenWindowLvl2, WoodenWindowLvl1, MetalWallLvl2 etc.

You will have to change each constructed item's bonus health value to alter them.

It's good practice to try and keep the number to a "reasonable level". As making the walls have 919,289,479,198,581,291,546,198,576 health can give the game values that are too high to handle. I played for a good amount of time though (150 hours) with walls that had a base health of 99,999, with perks adding 999 each level, and the Handy trait tacking on another 9999 without problems. Final wall health was about 120,000. 

+++++++++++++++

WellBuiltWalls.rar

+++++++++++++++

Edited by Cutflood

8 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

If talking about realistic - man,even dead can't bust down log wall. Zombies should "dig it out" by their punches. 

Now this system works like that just because it was in earlier builds ( 2011 ) when game was more arcade.

Yea, I agree.  I tend to play with a little higher wall health than what I uploaded. ;) 

6 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

I love this mod

Thank you so very much! :D I'm glad you enjoy it. :D 

• 10 months later...

Any Update?

:-o" Possible mod ideas for the future... "
-Make it so that the zombies RECIEVE bash/thump damage from headbutting the walls as well. (Only a fraction)
As cranial/brain damage to zombies has historically been the #1 way of killing them. And if they spend all day bashing their head against a wall, they are gonna die.

:-D Will be wondeful!

• 4 months later...