Single Player and Co-Op Sleep issue

King Arthur

Question

Hello!

I'm playing on a Steam version, build 37.14.

The game has been running smoothly until last week. In single first my character had the TIRED marker so I went to my room and clicked SLEEP as normal, expecting a solid 8 hour sleep, no, to my surprise the screen flicked and my character was still standing next to the bed, but now DROWSY only 5 mins in game time had passed.... and the SLEEP option was now red and I was unable to sleep. I had to wait for my character to be at EXHAUSTED to initiate a full nights sleep.

I have also started a co-op split screen game with my Son and we have the same bug, even to the point where I managed to get my character to sleep but my Sons one doesn't even with Sleeping tablets, the same issue as the Single player mode.....

Any advice on this as it's very frustrating to have permanently DROWSY characters that refuse to sleep.

Cheers

7 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Random question: but are you playing on keyboard, or with a gamepad?

Hi,

I play using a Xbox 360 controller and have not had a single issue in previous months, just last week the problem began, I also tried using my mouse and keyboard to issue the sleep command but still not working. In Co-Op we both play with Xbox 360 controllers.

Cheers

Cool - the reason I asked is that we've had problems with wrongly sensed 'move to wake' causing early wake-ups and sleep unavailability on some gamepads - as we need to add some 'deadzone' options to redress it.  Was the gamepad still plugged in when using your mouse and keyboard?

5 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Cool - the reason I asked is that we've had problems with wrongly sensed 'move to wake' causing early wake-ups and sleep unavailability on some gamepads - as we need to add some 'deadzone' options to redress it.  Was the gamepad still plugged in when using your mouse and keyboard?

Hi Batsphinx

Yes, in both play versions the gamepad was plugged in.

When you say 'move to wake' are you referring to a player touching the pad and the game sensing this and reading this as a wake up command? In my case I hardly reach the luxury of a sleeping character, it's quite literally click the sleep command or on a gamepad X to interact with the bed and A to issue sleep, the second I press A the screen flicks and the character is still standing with the same level or tiredness no time has passed and the command to Sleep is now in red and unavailable.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Yeah it sounds an awful lot like this, which also suggests a possible workaround for you to investigate: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/tracker/issue/1005--{?}/

I might be wrong, I'm not one of the technical devs,  but have added this to Yuri's tasklist recently once he's cleared some vehicle bugs.

Thanks for the link! I'll give it a whirl soon and feedback if it also fixed my issue.

Cheers

Archived