Force hardcore reload on a multiplayer server?

KinaUndead

Well... the title speaks for itself, so I'll keep the post pretty short, but...

I'm sure at least someone has probably suggested this at some point in the past, but if so I'd like to revive the possibility of this idea; Include an option in the server config to maybe override client settings to force hardcore reloading on a multiplayer server? 

I understand completely and fully that currently choice of reload is a decision for each player to make, and I can respect that... however arguably a huge difference can be drawn between those who use easy reload against those who use hardcore reloading, such in that the easy reloader will always have it easier...because well that's the point, but especially in the case of PvP.

Of course, I also understand the repercussions of taking such choice away from players, however I would like to point out that the decision to play on such a server with an option such as that enabled, is a decision in itself.... and as such, one does not have to join a server that is running the hardcore reload only option if they don't like the way it works or performs. On the other hand, on a server that doesn't run forced hardcore reloading, whether you use it or not would still be an option through your client settings just as it has always been, so in that case people would still have the choice. The only thing I'm going for here is a point of balance in which should the server host decide that all their players should be running on the same system as everyone else they can do that, where on the other hand if they choose not to then it's still entirely up to the player(s).

Again, this is entirely a sandbox option which I can't stress enough.. it's nothing forced on any player unless they choose themselves to join a certain server that has it enabled so by their own choice they are agreeing to use it if they wish to play there, which I believe is certainly fair.