Making Zeds die from head damage from attacking walls

Cutflood

Just a simple idea. Is there a way to make Zed's take a fraction of damage from the thump damage they do to walls?

Since cranial damage has always been the best was to kill zombies.  I figure, it's only logical that zombies get hurt a 

little from bashing their heads against a wall. It would make it so there would have to be numerous zombies to 

bash down a section of wall. Since one could do only so much damage before succumbing to brain damage and another

having to take it's place. 

I'm no scripter, only an editor.  If there is an entry somewhere in the scripts or lua's, that could be altered or copied to 

allow for this mod. I think it would make for an interesting tweak. You'd definitely have to watch out for the groups 

of hundreds. As they would pose a serious threat now. (Not like they don't already. ;)

Edited by Cutflood

10 hours ago, Patrick H said:

That would actually be an amazing idea for metalworking. 
Welding spikes on your door, so Zombies will kill themselves when they bash your door.
I wonder how they would balance something like that..

That's what I had in mind! :D

Making it so that all the walls gave tiny amount of damage back would mean I wouldn't have to make new models/art for walls that did it specifically.  

But if I figured out how to create new walls, Spikes, Razors, Nails, etc. would be included. :D 

9 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Giving the spikes a depleting durability could probably do. After all, even the toughest metal will break or bend after too many blows....

It would be cool to make it so that you could use a Sheet of Metal, weld spikes on it, then attach it to the wall.

Once it breaks, you could attach another sheet. Rinse and Repeat. :D:D (literally, rinse off the zombie brains.) 

13 hours ago, Patrick H said:

That would actually be an amazing idea for metalworking. 
Welding spikes on your door, so Zombies will kill themselves when they bash your door.
I wonder how they would balance something like that..

Could make zeds stuck on the spikes, so if there is more behind it they will destroy it. Or you can remove one zed at a time to keep it deadly for the next zeds to come

• 3 weeks later...

I guess "banging wall using head" animation is just holdover of older versions,that was more arcade.

From this video we can understand that TIS want to delete that animation from game,because it looks weird

Edited by DramaSetter

100% agreed with idea of "metal spikes". 

Carpentry have ladders,bins for collecting water and "boxes for making fertilizer"

Metalworking should also have uniqe and useful buildings - metal spikes for example,as you said.

That would make metalworking not just reskin of carpentry,but good alternative.

Edited by DramaSetter