Error question and can't use traps (Build 37.14)

Hi all,

• Sometimes there is this red error box appearing in the bottom right corner of the screen. I would like to know if the error is sent automatically to the devs or if I should note them and post it somewhere on the forum. If I could help solving a few issues I'd be glad.

• I would like to know if I'm the only one who's unable to use traps at the moment (Build 37.14). No matter what I try with the infos on the wiki, when right clicking the trap, I can't set them up. So far I tried mousetrap and trap crate.  I don't have the recipe for the other traps so I can't talk about them. 

Thanks for your time guys. This game is awesome.

I would like to know if I'm the only one who's unable to use traps at the moment (Build 37.14). No matter what I try with the infos on the wiki, when right clicking the trap, I can't set them up. So far I tried mousetrap and trap crate.  I don't have the recipe for the other traps so I can't talk about them. 

What do you mean by "unable to use traps" (i made my test on 37.14, eveyrthing looks fine) ?

• You can't put/deploy them in the world ?

• You can't add a bait into it ?

• You didn't catch anything ?

• Also, do you have any mods on (maybe cause some probs) ?

Thanks agreubill for the fast reply.

Sorry for not giving enough informations at first.

• Don't have the option to put/deploy the traps when right clicking. How do you guys proceed?
  • Can't put a bait into it. Tried with different baits in and out of my inventory but when right clicking there's nothing related to traps.
  • I'm playing vanilla so no mods added.

I'm playing the french version of the game but so far everything works fine. That would be the only different thing that my 37.14 version has.

Edit: Just switched Steam and the game to English and still having this issue. The only thing I see now is that I'm probably missing a simple step.

More info about my character:

• Level 0 at trapping
  • Already read the beginner trapping book
  • Found the trap crate recipe.
  • Occupation is Carpenter.

Np :)

Can't put a bait into it. Tried with different baits in and out of my inventory but when right clicking there's nothing related to traps.

You can't as long as you don't have put the trap into world.

Try that ;

1) Get the trap into your main inventory ; now, by right click anywhere in the world, you may have the option to set the trap.

2) Select it ; the image of the trap will appear on your cursor position.

3) You can set the trap everywhere you want by left click on the location you want (it will take 1 or 2 secs).

Once this done, you can right-click on the trap and get the option to "put a bait" (once again, you need to have some adequate item in your main inventory).

As you alrdy look on wiki, you know which bait works well with which trap (ex. : cheese for mousetrap ; worm for stick trap ; etc.). You also need to put the trap on the good/correct environement or you won't catch anything. If you dont select a good bait, the trap will, also, never catch anything. 

Look at the "Can Catch ?" collumns in PZWIKI and the "Zones" and "Bait" collums on the PZWiki trap page for specifics (http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Trapping).

=> For ex. Trap Crate can only catch Squirrel and Rabbit. These two preys can't be found into Farm, and very rarely into town/trailer park. To have a chance to catch rabbit, you need to use as bait [for ex.] carrot or cabbage ; and to catch a squirrel, you need to use as bait [for ex.] Cereal or Peanut butter.

From my own experience, unless you got plenty of vegetables from a working agriculture (or loot), the best working trap for everywhere (including town) is the stick trap+worm.

Archived