Vehicle sprites too large.

lawlness

The vehicles look a tad bit larger than what they should be don't u think? I felt like a fat woman in a shopping isle when driving on a neighborhood street.  Wanted to let ya'll know before u stop working on vehicles.

5 minutes ago, Deputy said:

The vehicles appear to be rather large because in the upcoming animation build, the player's character model is larger than what it is now - when the animations drop, the vehicles should look a bit more normal in terms of size. :)

By drop you mean when they are finally done and added to public builds ?

3 minutes ago, Deputy said:

Yes, when the new player models/animations and all that jazz make it to public builds.

There were some smoother animations added in build 38.4, but it made the game a bit 'laggier' so I had to take them out. I noticed that when you take the 3D models out the cars become invisible.

Even if vehicles are so big coz of animation update look at door frame. Characters right now are as tall as door frame. If they get bigger after anim update will the size of doors also increase ? Or we replace "vehicles are too big" to "door frames are too small"

1 hour ago, Legoland99 said:

There were some smoother animations added in build 38.4, but it made the game a bit 'laggier' so I had to take them out. I noticed that when you take the 3D models out the cars become invisible.

That's because cars don't have sprites. They only have 3D models.

As far as Vehicles Being Too Big... I don't have that problem personally. They look fine to me.

8 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

Good joke,but it forced me to cry,not laugh.

1 minute ago, Legoland99 said:

It wasn't a joke. Sorry this made ya' cry ? (If it's satire or humor then I don't understand those concepts).

Ah,my bad. I though you mean animation overhaul update,not "Smoother animations",tha'ts actualy called "Dobule textures"

It's probably not going to be addressed until the new animations are out and we can actually see how they work together with the game. If doors have to become larger than their Sprites can be modified. You can see that this is necessary anyway for garage doors, since I'd be too narrow even with reducing the size of the cars most likely. Part of the problem of course is just going to be the isometric view, which makes it hard to judge the size anyway.

On 7/2/2017 at 2:40 PM, Deputy said:

The vehicles appear to be rather large because in the upcoming animation build, the player's character model is larger than what it is now - when the animations drop, the vehicles should look a bit more normal in terms of size. :)

Does this mean character models will look too large for houses, etc? Will houses get bigger? Or will things look proportionally out of wack?

Don't worry about it, size of vehicles is fairly easy to tweak (It's a single value in a script file) I'd recommend anyone who thinks they're too large to go into the scripts and mess with "scale" value in car scripts (Located in gamedir/media/scripts) until you come up with something you like and then tell the devs what it is, maybe some consensus can be reached. Personally I like it as it is well enough, could be a tad smaller I suppose.

Scripts can be reloaded on the fly with reloadVehicles() lua method if you want to code it in for yourself (NecroForge does that when swapping vehicles)

Archived