Variable Helicopter Events

trombonaught

This is an offshoot of the "Nerf Helicopter" thread by @mengvang04

How could the helicopter event be freshened up a bit? I thought this might warrant its own thread. Ideas so far on helicopter feautres that could be added (and one I've added at the bottom):

1. Hidden radio frequencies which detail when a heli is coming, and clues as to its purpose (see below).

2. Armed chopper. Guns, explosives, napalm, whatever. It has come to kill zeds and you with them. Late game and rare.

3. Observation chopper. It's come to follow you around to study how you engage the horde and survive (see present chopper event).

4. Flyover. Comes and goes quickly, perhaps several staggered passes in one direction.

5. Supply drop. A chopper is present long enough to drop a stash package.

6. My wish: "Extraction." Radio transmissions pointing to a secret location where a plucky survivor can be rescued. Could be randomly generated similar to safehouses/burnt houses and stash maps.

But if you get there, they kill you, assuming you're a carrier. An optional "end game" in which you die.

Thoughts? Comments? Additions?

Edited by trombonaught

For ease of access, the thread Trombonaught naught was referring to can be found by clicking here.

I agree that with a spiced up helicopter event, the game could become much more challenging and interesting when those annoying pests fly by. While many ideas have been presented, it's up to the developers how they want to approach this feature. Hopefully they find some inspiration from our discussions here. :-)

Edited by FireOnAsphalt
put wrong hyperlink lol

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:24 AM, trombonaught said:

This is an offshoot of the "Nerf Helicopter" thread by @mengvang04

How could the helicopter event be freshened up a bit? I thought this might warrant its own thread. Ideas so far on helicopter feautres that could be added (and one I've added at the bottom):

1. Hidden radio frequencies which detail when a heli is coming, and clues as to its purpose (see below).

2. Armed chopper. Guns, explosives, napalm, whatever. It has come to kill zeds and you with them. Late game and rare.

3. Observation chopper. It's come to follow you around to study how you engage the horde and survive (see present chopper event).

4. Flyover. Comes and goes quickly, perhaps several staggered passes in one direction.

5. Supply drop. A chopper is present long enough to drop a stash package.

6. My wish: "Extraction." Radio transmissions pointing to a secret location where a plucky survivor can be rescued. Could be randomly generated similar to safehouses/burnt houses and stash maps.

But if you get there, they kill you, assuming you're a carrier. An optional "end game" in which you die.

Thoughts? Comments? Additions?

I like these ideas. would be good if the helicopter didn't just show up between day 6 - 12 but instead could should up from day 1 onwards and additionally could show up more than once.

Would be cool if you got a helicopter event on day 3, day 17, day 117 and day 256 for example.