Tree scratches

JM_Forest_64

As an avid hiker, I know that just walking through the forest without proper clothing will get you scratched and covered in poison ivy/oak.  Now, I've never had to run for my life through a forest, but I would imagine that that would increase the chances of scratches significantly.  My suggestion, to help increase the medical portion of Zomboid, is that running through/into trees with an active panic moodle carries with it a chance for minor scratches.  The more severe the panic, the higher the scratch chance.   Nothing life threatening, just pain causing.

It's just an idea, just something to add another realistic little wrinkle to a great game.

On 28.6.2017 at 2:57 PM, JM_Forest_64 said:

As an avid hiker, I know that just walking through the forest without proper clothing will get you scratched and covered in poison ivy/oak.  Now, I've never had to run for my life through a forest, but I would imagine that that would increase the chances of scratches significantly.  My suggestion, to help increase the medical portion of Zomboid, is that running through/into trees with an active panic moodle carries with it a chance for minor scratches.  The more severe the panic, the higher the scratch chance.   Nothing life threatening, just pain causing.

It's just an idea, just something to add another realistic little wrinkle to a great game.

yeah im all for it AS LONG AS you dont get scratches with clothing that properly covers you for example higher scratch chance when nude, lower when wearing t shirt or tanktop and no scratches when wearing a long sleeve top with pants and shoes for example

On 6/29/2017 at 5:05 PM, xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx said:

yeah im all for it AS LONG AS you dont get scratches with clothing that properly covers you for example higher scratch chance when nude, lower when wearing t shirt or tanktop and no scratches when wearing a long sleeve top with pants and shoes for example

Yeah, I'm all for this too, because Zomboid players often have their characters running around in their tighty-whiteys during the summer when vegetation is thickest.  It makes players have to choose: possibly overheat but have the option of retreating through trees without pain, or stay cool but be forced to stay on open roads and yards.  Well, maybe not "forced," but have consequences for running through an overgrown forest in just boxers. 

13 hours ago, Crazy ManMan said:

this looks more like giant hogweed reaction than posion ivy, unless this person is highly alergic. I am not certain though as I am immune to poison ivy myself.

I am not sure that this makes sense as the cuts the player gets that require medical are bad enough that they die if left untreated, where as the cuts you get running through the woods hurt but can usually be left untreated in my experience unless there is a particularly mean plant like a Japanese blood tree.

thats true actually, although id imagine if youre wounded like you have a deep gash on ur arm and u run thru the woods nude with that wound it could cut straight open again and bleed all over the place

and just imagine telling someone you died to a cedar branch in your last playthrough, the possibilities are endless

Edited by xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx