Wednesday 28th IWBUMS Server Megatest - Free PZ codes for participants

Batsphinx

Sorry I couldn't make it; my family had an unfortunate medical emergency last night and so I had to drive to the hospital and sit in a waiting room for about three hours... That being said, it doesn't look like any more people were needed for the test. Good to see the event was successful!

Also @EnigmaGrey and the TIS staff at large, I'm sorry for all the hassle and vitriol you're receiving. Unfortunately it comes with events like these... like flies to honey. Though the smell in some parts of this thread reek a little more like vinegar unfortunately. ;-)

I'm certainly not trying to throw a fit but I posted in this thread about an issue that was ignored. Then I posted again in response to something you posted about the servers being full. Your 1st response to me tried to put the blame on Steam AND on me all at the same time. Your 2nd response to me was to further place blame onto me. You weren't interested in getting to the bottom of the issue (hell, I'll except responsibility and even apologize for being upset if the case turns out that way). You we're only interested in blaming others, including someone just trying to help you, instead. Of course I got upset and threw a minor "fit" as you say. Who wouldn't when shown such disrespect?

[28-06-17 16:02:22] 76561198009840849 "Biofringe" removed connection index=31.

No idea what that means. Here's how it started...

I set the server up as described in my last post and attempted to connect. It showed that I passed Steam Verify but after that it just hung with Server Not Responding. I hit the button to join and again that that's when that message started. At that time I had no idea about Steam's server limits (though I wonder how Planetside does it) and I didn't know about automatic failed attempts after the first. I did not change anything as far as I can remember and I think I kept hitting the same button everything the message came up. You assumed that I would have known about Steam's policies on servers and would have even looked at the server list (I didn't). I simply tried to connect via the Join button in the game after having loaded the game as usual via Steam. All of this of course might have been useful info for you but you didn't care. Shame really.

The other thing that I was hoping to get out of this (since you asked) was some sort of acknowledgement that some of this info could have been provided prior to alleviate such frustrations. Please Note: There's a server limit of blah, blah, blah so come quick! And the Time zone info is just nuts. List GMT and let everyone figure it out for themselves. Maybe include a link to a converter for easy. Instead you listed multiple time zones and even had to correct a time at least once as far as I can tell. This stuff confuses people and I thought that you might appreciate the insight. But again, I was wrong.

Sorry that I tried to help. I've probably spent more time on this test today than nearly any of the other 100+ participants but of course you won't appreciate that either. Assumptions are fun.

Fair enough. This wasn't about what I wanted. I came to help and was shown disrespect instead. If you think that anything that I said prior to being disrespected deserved such a response then so-be-it. The irony of someone telling me that my skin is too thin when they take anything I said so dramatically. I'm sorry that I have offended. I will fade back into the ether where I came.

Oh, and thanks for the backhanded slap in your previous post. It was taken as disrespect but then again what do I know. At least you eventually had the courage to put your money where your mouth was. Good job.

No need to respond as I am out.

Edited by BioFringe

41 minutes ago, BioFringe said:

Fair enough. This wasn't about what I wanted. I came to help and was shown disrespect instead. If you think that anything that I said prior to being disrespected deserved such a response then so-be-it. The irony of someone telling me that my skin is too thin when they take anything I said so dramatically. I'm sorry that I have offended. I will fade back into the ether where I came.

Oh, and thanks for the backhanded slap in your previous post. It was taken as disrespect but then again what do I know. At least you eventually had the courage to put your money where your mouth was. Good job.

I find it funny that you say you came to help, yet you've only just joined the forums when there was free stuff involved and never before to post bug reports or any feedback on the iwbums in the past.

I also almost missed out as there was some confusion with the timezones and I got in 10mins before it finished, I hope I get the key, as it is for a friend who has been active on the forums for a long time despite not even owning the game, though I won't throw a tantrum if not.

Edited by Neutz

1 hour ago, BioFringe said:

I appreciate the attempt to help and can sympathize: perhaps it'd be a good idea if PZ's error message were simply "You've already created the account Biofringe. You may only have 1 account" but there's a few reasons why that'd be a bad idea.

Denying that typo (you used a lowercase f the first time then a capital F the second time) and ignoring my explanations to accuse me of being disrespectful is, itself, disrespectful. It isn't helpful. Instead of working with us to resolve your issue, you came out swinging.

Let's move on, please. There's no need for anyone to continue this discussion.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I appreciate the attempt to help and can sympathize: perhaps it'd be a good idea if PZ's error message were simply "You've already created the account Biofringe. You may only have 1 account" but there's a few reasons why that'd be a bad idea.

Denying that typo (you used a lowercase f the first time then a capital F the second time) and ignoring my explanations to accuse me of being disrespectful is, itself, disrespectful. It isn't helpful. Instead of working with us to resolve your issue, you came out swinging.

Let's move on, please. There's no need for anyone to continue this discussion.

TL;DR I was wrong. I apologize sincerely for the way that I responded.

I agree, let's move on.

BUT...I did not catch the typo until this very post. I didn't even catch it when you first posted the log. My brain must have instinctively done that because I never use a lower case and maybe at the time I felt that I got booted because of it. I really didn't know and I really do appreciate you pointing it out for a second time so that I could finally see the error of my ways. I apologize for the misunderstanding and the attitude that I gave you because of it.

Having said that, please try to put yourself in my shoes for a second. I come here to report an issue and was greeted with, well what I got. I felt that my original post was ignored and then I felt disregarded. Then I felt disrespected. I was called childish. I was called a hypocrite. I was told to...you get the point. Could I have been a bit cooler about it in my first and second post? Yes. I apologize again for that. But if that's all it takes for you and the community to come down on someone then well I guess I'm just not a good fit for these parts. This doesn't change my opinion of the game what so ever and it won't affect my playtime. I just felt that I got a lot worse than I had given to begin with when all I was doing was trying to help. I only registered on the boards after hundreds of hours playing to report the issue and yet even that comes with negative connotation and assumptions of intent that I was not aware of.

Once again. Sorry. And I re-iterate...this wasn't about the free copy and I will still do as I stated in a previous post in regards to giving a copy away with high remarks.

PEACE

OH, and please feel free to respond or not as I'll abide like The Dude and end this discussion. :)

Edited by BioFringe

I only got in about 20 mins total, from about 7:45 BST, got disconnected a couple of times and battled with lag, then at around 8:05 BST my line completely dropped and couldnt get back on:-(, server was sitting at 104/100 at that point. Think i need to get a new ISP before next time.

19 hours ago, XuneXune said:

I was in at 8pm, died around 8:20pm. Now when I try to create a new character a red square with a black number appears in the bottom right hand corner but noting else happens and I don't join. Subsequent attempts to join just increment the number that appears in the red square.

So can anyone tell me what the red square with the incrementing number I was experiencing yesterday was all about?

It was fun, though as we approached the end of the event and I guess the servers got full, the lag was so bad and resulted in a lame death for me :( . All i could do to fight the zombies was spam the attack and hope it registered and one time it didn't and i got bit a bunch. Then I'm not sure if I just suck, but I bandaged myself, and kept changing the bandage but I'd lose a bunch of health between removing the dirty one and applying a new one till I got so low I just bled out even with a bandage. Should I have just left on the dirty bandage longer? 

On 28.6.2017 at 9:17 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Test successful guys, though the event is scrapped, as the area got destroyed

Has anyone screenshots of the destroyed area? I'm curious what happened elsewhere while I was playing :)