Wednesday 28th IWBUMS Server Megatest - Free PZ codes for participants

Batsphinx

1 hour ago, toxIC said:

So ppl who have the game on gog can't take part in it? I'am very dissapointed.

Have fun guys.

It's impossible to secure a GoG server, since  your  only fallback for authentication is player IP.

This means it'd be  very impractical to do an event like this for GoG-clients. :(

45 minutes until the server opens, guys.

You'll be direct-messaging me your  screenshot of the server's player list at  9 PM. It needs to show your account info, in addition to the other players that are on, so we can tell if you were around at the correct time.

In addition, the admins (Amz, Beard, Madcat) running the 8 PM - 9 PM event will be taking screenshots of the participants, so we  have something to fall back on. :)

Should be fun!

Just now, thunderstorrm said:

ok I tried the tool for finding my steam id but it gave me someone else's... It was My steam name but someone else's real name... How do I find my id. 

It's enough to link your Steam profile page. We can get your ID from there.

Example, my steam profile is at steamcommunity.com/id/EnigmaGrey

3 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It's impossible to secure a GoG server, since  your  only fallback for authentication is player IP.

This means it'd be  very impractical to do an event like this for GoG-clients. :(

Well, i should be sorry for buying the game than. Sorry for sounding salty (i'am a bit). I was hoping to have a lot of fun with tones of ppl. I can't even DL the beta on gog to just play with you guys, I'am not disspointed bout not getting PZ key, i have the game already. I just wanted to play with some1.

Have fun guys.

Just now, toxIC said:

Well, i should be sorry for buying the game than. Sorry for sounding salty (i'am a bit). I was hoping to have a lot of fun with tones of ppl. I can't even DL the beta on gog to just play with you guys, I'am not disspointed bout not getting PZ key, i have the game already. I just wanted to play with some1.

Have fun guys.

Understandable. If GoG proves popular and TIS has time, I'm hopeful they'll be able to implement GoG Galaxy support, so everyone can have a similar experience. :(

EnigmaGrey I need help... I was playing and died from the hordes and when I tried to make a new character a red box in the lower right corner popped up with the number "1". I have no idea what its for... and now when I try to re-join the server it says no more accounts may be created and when I login with my old username I was using before I died it said "login failed"... I have proof of when I was on before I died.Screenshot_1.png.518cb041a473aeab799b8dba4aa68e5c.pngScreenshot_2.png.fa11145be97dfd29a0cf7437131cf2c9.png

Is this working? I've been trying since 3pm EST (I think that's the right time frame) but it keeps failing to connect or returning info that it can't create any more accounts for this client. Anyone else having these issues?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see now that they have a 100 person limit that they reached. It would have been nice to know so that I didn't waste my time taking the afternoon off of work to help only to find that it's for not.

Also, all the time conversions are confusing. I couldn't really tell when the server opened up so I guess it's my fault for waiting til when the 1 hour window started as opposed to seemingly being able to log in an hour earlier, if that's correct as I can't really tell with all the different time zones expressed in the OP and throughout this thread. Blah. Back to playing by myself I guess. Have fun.

Edited by BioFringe
Fixed

Jumped on the server 1 minute in with around 40-ish people i think at first, pretty good. Thanks for getting the server up and so smoothly too for me on my potato pc. The overall experience was pretty good, the darkness I liked and profile icons, the loud death flies bug after death maybe not so, but with a bit of tweaking would be dope. Thanks Enigma and co!

MHgKAwz.jpg

P.S When messaging IN, I got the not responding screen because I lagged out 3 times after teleporting to the PVP event with (my mic on) unfortunately, but hopefully the admins screenshots could help of course.