Wednesday 28th IWBUMS Server Megatest - Free PZ codes for participants

Batsphinx

Just added to the IWBUMS public beta is an MP server option that Stas from General Arcade has been working on.

This momentarily pauses all player activity when admins require server saving, instead of having it stretch out while players are out performing various in-game actions. Stas has also worked on shortening these save times – so this should all help lag, black boxes and the like. It’ll also need a stress test. So…

This Wednesday 28th June at 7pm GMT (8pm BST, 9pm CEST, 2pm ET) we will be running a test IWBUMS server with this new function and anyone willing to jump on and play the game for an hour will get a free Project Zomboid code to give to a friend/enemy/close family relation.

All we need is for you to be running around on the server for an hour or so, and it’ll probably be quite a fun escapade.

Everyone who is online one hour after the event start (so an exact moment around/about 9pm BST) will be given a free PZ Steam code upon PM-ing an organiser with:

• The Steam ID number they were playing with.
  • An in-game screenshot of the player scoreboard with your Steam account / character name visible. (Press ESC -> Players)

No free codes will be handed out beyond this set time at/around 9pm BST.

SERVER DETAILS:

IWBUMS TEST

Event Begins at 8PM (BST / GMT+1)

IWBUMS 38.4
IP: 167.114.157.39
Port: 16261

Password protected until 7PM (BST / GMT+1))

Q. Who are the event organizers?

Spoiler

Beard, Madcat, and Amz have donated  their time tonight to running the event from 8 PM to 9 PM. They'll be taking screenshots throughout to see who attends.

You'll need to direct message @EnigmaGrey, here, on the forum to get your key.

Q. How do I get my Steam ID?

Go to the Steam website and login, if you've not already done so. Then, click your username  and go to Profile, like so:

This'll take you to the URL of your profile. Just copy and paste  it to your direct message to me, along with your screenshot.

Q. What should the screenshot look like?

At the end of the event at 9 PM (BST), press ESC and go into the Players menu.

You should see something like this:

Take a screenshot of this screen and  paste in your direct message to me.

Q. How long will it take to get my key?

Depends how many requests we get /  if all the info is there. Hopefully we'll be able to get through requests in the next few days, but it could take up to a week.

6 hours ago, jakeythesnake04 said:

Do we have to do some sort of application or do we just join it?

"All we need is for you to be running around on the server for an hour or so, and it’ll probably be quite a fun escapade. "

1 hour ago, Bensk said:

Damn I'll be at work in the US - any chance I can show up an hour or two late and still participate?

We'll keep the server open, but it'll be for fun rather than science at that point :)

EDIT: And OP has been edited with a few extra details.

How do we find our steam ID? and i havent played much multiplayer but I remember you can set the username and password to anything we want. So is it a picture of the username we made up for that server with the player scoreboard? or are you looking for a different player name.

When starting PZ there is the following line in the console:

"Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 34556...."

Is the number at the end of the line with a lot of digits the Steam ID I need to PM to an organiser?

Edited by ChatNoir

6 hours ago, Bluemonster58 said:

How do we find our steam ID? and i havent played much multiplayer but I remember you can set the username and password to anything we want. So is it a picture of the username we made up for that server with the player scoreboard? or are you looking for a different player name.

You can find your steam id here.

Edited by r.ricco

Hey there, I'm kind of confused about the time zones. I see it starts at 7 PM GMT, according to google that converts to 3 PM EST but on here it says "2PM ET." I wouldn't be so concerned, but me and my boyfriend both do live in this time zone. Thank you!

Capture.JPG.c1ee730d3d48268ebbcafb0c1c1de5c9.JPG

On 26/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, Batsphinx said:

This Wednesday 28th June at 7pm GMT (8pm BST, 8pm CET, 2pm ET) we will be running a test IWBUMS server with this new

Wait, how come 8 PM BST is the same as 8 PM CET?

Wouldn't that be 7 PM GMT, 8 PM BST and 9 PM CET?

2 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Wait, how come 8 PM BST is the same as 8 PM CET?

Wouldn't that be 7 PM GMT, 8 PM BST and 9 PM CET?

Ah. Okay, a 'reliance on Googling' fault led me to put down the CET time - when I should have used the CEST time.  You are indeed correct in the timings. I have amended :)