Was it something I ate?

explorator

I wish the final death screen provided some clue as to why I died, something like "You died from food poisoning," or "You died from an infection." Something.  I just got sick and dropped dead. I have zero corpses near my base, but of course still make loot runs. Can such limited exposure to dead bodies lead to death? I know the devs were talking about bodies making you sick.

I never got bitten of scratched. I had an injury from window glass, but kept it disinfected and bandaged. The only questionable things I ate were a can of chili (unheated) and a sandwich made with stale bread.  Could have been the heat, but I was wearing only pants and shoes. It's not a huge deal, but knowing why I died would help preventing the same mistakes.

I went from Quesy to Nauseated to Fever, then died.

3 hours ago, explorator said:

I never got bitten of scratched. I had an injury from window glass, but kept it disinfected and bandaged. The only questionable things I ate were a can of chili (unheated) and a sandwich made with stale bread.  Could have been the heat, but I was wearing only pants and shoes. It's not a huge deal, but knowing why I died would help preventing the same mistakes.

Maybe,bread was rotten,not stale? 

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:03 AM, explorator said:

The Window Glass injury, did a piece of the broken glass get lodged in you? If you don't notice it and you don't remove the shard with tweezers it can turn bad.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

I am playing in the IWBUMS branch. If I died from food poisoning that is acceptable, I just wish there was a way to know how you died when it is not obvious (being ripped apart by zombies).  I don't think it would break immersion seeing as how you are dead no matter what.

9 minutes ago, explorator said:

I am playing in the IWBUMS branch. If I died from food poisoning that is acceptable, I just wish there was a way to know how you died when it is not obvious (being ripped apart by zombies).  I don't think it would break immersion seeing as how you are dead no matter what.

You likely died of "There is a corpse somewhere in the zone" induced Sickness. Corpses can be pretty far away because of how zones work, there is a page of discussing this in IWBUMS thread with the general consensus saying that this needs changing or at least some way to tell the player why he is dying.

Sickness starts if you're in a zone with at least 20 corpses, the more corpses the faster it kills you, I made a video trying to figure out how it works.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!   It happened again. After 1 and 1/2 months. I never ate anything questionable. I buried ALL the zombies within 2 blocks of my base. I got sick and died in one day. WTF is going on!

The only zombies I spent any time around were ones I ran past. I get that this is a beta game and I am in IWBUMS but this is ponderous.

WHAT KILLED ME!? Would it be so freaking hard to give me that info?  I know in previous build it was possible to get ill and then recover, but each time I get queasy now I die. Sucks balls.

15 hours ago, explorator said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!   It happened again. After 1 and 1/2 months. I never ate anything questionable. I buried ALL the zombies within 2 blocks of my base. I got sick and died in one day. WTF is going on!

The only zombies I spent any time around were ones I ran past. I get that this is a beta game and I am in IWBUMS but this is ponderous.

WHAT KILLED ME!? Would it be so freaking hard to give me that info?  I know in previous build it was possible to get ill and then recover, but each time I get queasy now I die. Sucks balls.

Is most likely from rotting corpses in your zone. The zones can be quite large and I even think I sore someone with a screen shot of a zombie corpse to loot in the loot window but no zombie on the floor, so there might even be a bug with invisible zombie corpses. This whole getting sick from rotten zombie corpses does seem to suck. The idea is cool but the current implementation isn't the best due to how zones work.

I think it would be best if being around zombie corpses couldn't kill you cause why would it? Instead it should just make you feel queasy, anxious and depressed.

Archived