Radio's and lack of broadcasts

Patrick H

So, i've been thinking. There's not a lot to do with radio's after a month or 2 has passed, right?
Why don't we accept community made dialoges? Why won't we make a section on the forums where people can give their own input for a broadcast dialogue?
We could improve the radio broadcast system as a community, i think it would be amazing to put something together as a community.
This saves the developers the time of coming up with a diverse pool of conversations and dialogue, and gives everyone of the community the opportunity to have something they came up with put in the game.
Ofcourse, said dialouge would have to be appropriate, both grammatically and socially.

Survivor radio stations should be brought into the game. It would be a good way to have tutorials about more meta things in the game such as proper defenses, plant growth and other things.

• Hey uhhh... this is Damien.
  • If there is anyone out there, I though I would just say this out loud.
  • Keeps me busy you know, during the downtime.
  • Actually that is a good point. Keep yourself busy.
  • If you have some spare hours, do something productive.
  • Read a book. I didn't know shit about carpentry before... this.
  • Now? I read a book and practiced a bit.
  • I can now make some storage boxes!
  • I understand carpentry more than just mucking about with it.
  • Felt like I got a bit more out the the experience.
  • It also felt great to get that small bit done.
  • Now I can store my ammo and tools properly!
  • It was a good distraction from all the zombies.
  • Anyways, to those out there, if you are alive.
  • Good luck.

28 minutes ago, Jack Bower said:

If that was true, why are people always screaming and shooting guns near me five years in?

Yeah, after a while Meta Events like this are just immersion breaking.

8 minutes ago, Damien Darkside said:

Survivor radio stations should be brought into the game. It would be a good way to have tutorials about more meta things in the game such as proper defenses, plant growth and other things.

• Good luck.

This is a great idea!

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

I have stuff planned for this in future, but agree it would make for a tremendous mod.

Turbo has an updated version of WordZed brewing, I believe, if anyone wants to have a crack.

If radio broadcast transcripts are what you need, I'd be more than willing to help out. I consider myself a decent writer and would be happy to contribute. 

10 hours ago, Jack Bower said:

If that was true, why are people always screaming and shooting guns near me five years in?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

19 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

amazing dialogue, damien darkside

Thanks!

I actually would LOVE to help anyone out with radio. I don't know a THING about LUA or whatever the code is for PZ.  I was able to find the radio broadcasts but I haven't found anything that I can use.

I will literally practically write a radio show. Like someone making their own radio show in the apocalypse. Look up some old radio shows and do it in that style, maybe some film noire thing.

I also had the idea of there being two radio stations, one A and the other B. One station is tuned to 101 fm and the other 110 fm. Person A speaks to B on the radio and person B responds. If you have two radios, you can tune into 101 and 110 on each and listen into a whole conversation between the two!

Ever since I listened to Three Dog I wanted to make my own radio station for Fallout, but I had no mic and had no way to make a radio station. This is kinda more low tech but I would thoroughly enjoy doing a radio mod (or i dunno, submit a bunch of survivor radio to indie stone and have Damien as an actual character in the game holy fuck yes)

Some of the meta events as I understand it, are more placeholders until simulated gameplay causes it. (IE: NPC's, wildlife, etc) I say simulated because you won't likely 'see' the action that triggers the meta events, even after it is put in place. (Gun shots are pretty loud, and can be heard miles away in the right circumstances.)

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:37 AM, Damien Darkside said:

• Good luck.

This Is genuinely really good, we could all write some stuff and post it in the forms like Damien has, I'm sure a mod maker or maybe even the devs could use it and put it into the game. Would be very cool as I've often thought more could be done with the radio such as survivors broadcasting warnings about certain area's or when NPC's are including warnings about particular individuals or groups.

On ‎23‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Batsphinx said:

I have stuff planned for this in future, but agree it would make for a tremendous mod.

Turbo has an updated version of WordZed brewing, I believe, if anyone wants to have a crack.

After reading through the comments again, i felt i should say this. Just in case. The idea was to keep everything zombie apocalypse-related.
I didn't mean to let people say things like ''hello!! snipercatxxx7 was here!'' Everything should be in correlation to the zombie apocalypse.
Just in case that's what the community assumed i meant.

I'm by no means a modder, and i have no clue how they work. I'm just enjoying the vanilla game :) 336 hours according to Steam.
But if TiS considers it to be a better idea for a mod, then i'd be fine with that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a cool idea.

It would be neat to have the radio broadcasts from Night of the Living Dead on there too. 

I copy and pasted this from wiki quote but like your idea and just spread it out over a few days. 

Source- https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Living_Dead

• Because of the obvious threat to untold numbers of citizens, and because of the crisis which is even now developing, this radio station will remain on the air, day and night. This station and hundreds of other radio and TV stations throughout this part of the country are pooling their resources through an emergency network hookup to keep you informed of all developments. At this hour, we repeat, these are the facts as we know them. There is an epidemic of mass murder being committed by a virtual army of unidentified assassins. The murders are taking place in villages, cities, rural homes and suburbs with no apparent pattern or reason for the slayings. It seems to be a sudden, general explosion of mass homicide. We have some descriptions of the assassins. Eyewitnesses say they are ordinary looking people. Some say they appear to be in a kind of trance.
  • So, at this point there is no really authentic way for us to say who or what to look for and guard yourself against.
  • In all parts of the country, the wave of murder which is sweeping the eastern third of the nation is being committed by creatures who feast upon the flesh of their victims. First eyewitness accounts of this grisly development came from people who were understandably frightened and almost incoherent. Officials and newsmen at first discounted those eyewitness descriptions as being beyond belief. However, the reports persisted. Medical examinations of some of the victims bore out the fact that they had been partially devoured.
  • I think we have some late word just arriving and we interrupt to bring this to you. This is the latest disclosure in a report from National civil defense headquarters in Washington. It has been established that persons who have recently died have been returning to life and committing acts of murder. A widespread investigation of reports from funeral homes, morgues & hospitals has concluded that the unburied dead are coming back to life and seeking human victims. It's hard for us here to believe what we're reporting to you, but it does seem to be a fact.
  • All law enforcement agencies and the military have been organized to search out and destroy the marauding ghouls. The survival command center at the Pentagon has disclosed that a ghoul can be killed by a shot in the head or a heavy blow to the skull. Officials are quoted as explaining that since the brain of a ghoul has been activated by the radiation, the plan is, kill the brain and you kill the ghoul.

I always liked Dead State radio, he tells you places that has good loot, he tells you whatever he can find of the apocalypse and how miserable he is begin trapped in a radio cabin eating nothing but twinkies.

Shame that we cant mod in radio broadcasts yet. 

Also i still wonder what they meant with:

"You’ll be able to keep up on current events by turning on a radio, and at points you might even be able to influence them. ", i wonder if that is cut out or not, and if it is, what can you do to influence those events.

1 hour ago, Blasted_Taco said:

I always liked Dead State radio, he tells you places that has good loot, he tells you whatever he can find of the apocalypse and how miserable he is begin trapped in a radio cabin eating nothing but twinkies.

Shame that we cant mod in radio broadcasts yet. 

"You’ll be able to keep up on current events by turning on a radio, and at points you might even be able to influence them. ", i wonder if that is cut out or not, and if it is, what can you do to influence those events.

You might for example communicate with an NPC broadcasts, and you'll probably have some options to answer for which a dialogue would be influenced depending on the answer you chose. 

2 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

I think it'll be similar to Three Dog from GNR in Fallout, when he comments about the Lone Wanderer's actions. The PZ radio host might start of by mentioning things in the world like "Stay away from the mall. There's a butt tonne of those undead things out there".

Then if your survivor clears out the mall, the host's speech will change to "I want to give a huge shout out to the survivor who cleared out the mall. A lot of resources we can all use in there. A lot of corpses there now too so if anyone fancies getting their hands dirty to help clean the area, the world would appreciate it. Maybe we can make this work. Maybe we'll all be OK".

Something like that, but less shit.

11 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

You might for example communicate with an NPC broadcasts, and you'll probably have some options to answer for which a dialogue would be influenced depending on the answer you chose. 

That is what i am thinking, it does says that on the current events while referring to the pre-shut down of electricity before the other cities started to fall, still i cant see how much you can say that the public doesn't know already, you have around 8 to 10 days before shit hits the fan worldwide.

In between those 10 days, there is supposed to be a clean up from the military and in the current game we have the television broadcasting interviews with the survivors saying that everything is fucked, so i dont know how much influence you can have in those first 10 days.

But OffitMan scenario is more possible once NPCs are in, however if there is a radio broadcaster NPC that is like Three dog, the first thing i am going to do is hunt down the son of a bitch and kill him.

33 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

That is what i am thinking, it does says that on the current events while referring to the pre-shut down of electricity before the other cities started to fall, still i cant see how much you can say that the public doesn't know already, you have around 8 to 10 days before shit hits the fan worldwide.

In between those 10 days, there is supposed to be a clean up from the military and in the current game we have the television broadcasting interviews with the survivors saying that everything is fucked, so i dont know how much influence you can have in those first 10 days.

But OffitMan scenario is more possible once NPCs are in, however if there is a radio broadcaster NPC that is like Three dog, the first thing i am going to do is hunt down the son of a bitch and kill him.

Is it ten days ? I thought it was longer when I read the transcript broadcasts. Plus the infection reached Louisville after a day. Cases appeared and panic began after 2-3 days since the infection spread and bridges were blown in 14-20 days period from the start of the infection. It would be scary if military npc convoy's rolled around town, killing random npc's who are not in curfew and zombies alike, or us. That, that would be creepy to have to run from them and hide. Humans were always the bigger danger.

2 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

if there is a radio broadcaster NPC that is like Three dog, the first thing i am going to do is hunt down the son of a bitch and kill him.

HAHA. Agreed. It'd be a good challenge, depending on where the NPC was holding out. A rooftop? A deep dark corner of the woods? Once you kill them, you can start broadcasting yourself!

1 hour ago, Legoland99 said:

It would be scary if military npc convoy's rolled around town, killing random npc's who are not in curfew and zombies alike, or us. That, that would be creepy to have to run from them and hide. Humans were always the bigger danger.

OMG yes! That would be so fun, using stealth and cunning to outfox the military, possibly kill one and take their place. Or just running for dear life!!

1 hour ago, OffitMan said:

HAHA. Agreed. It'd be a good challenge, depending on where the NPC was holding out. A rooftop? A deep dark corner of the woods? Once you kill them, you can start broadcasting yourself!

OMG yes! That would be so fun, using stealth and cunning to outfox the military, possibly kill one and take their place. Or just running for dear life!!

Taking their place would be a bit too much XD Engaging with the enemy would be lovely though. Maybe they can get ripped by zeds if the split up to search the area and I can take their stuff. XD

9 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

It would be scary if military npc convoy's rolled around town, killing random npc's who are not in curfew and zombies alike, or us. That, that would be creepy to have to run from them and hide. Humans were always the bigger danger.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/tldr-just-give-me-the-jist/

• The world changes the longer you survive; power plants fail, plunging the city into darkness and making batteries and tinned food prized commodities. The army rolls into the streets to perform ‘clean up operations’ and other gamechanging events occur the longer you survive.
7 hours ago, OffitMan said:

They eventually are supposed to go rouge and try to survive on their own, the events they describe they want to do are very similar to rogue survivor, where they send the army after 5 days, they cant contain shit, they are just trying to clean up the zombie mess and eventually the mission goes FUBAR and they try to survive on their own, then Black Ops are sent in and they kill pretty much anything that is in front of them to cover up the army failure.

In the case of Zomboid, we are already in a quarantine zone, the public doesnt know shit and the low flying helicopters come in around day 6~8 right? Probably the military deploying trying to cover up the survivors and infected alike that try to cross over.

7 hours ago, OffitMan said:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually leading a Radio show called "Land of the Living".

It is about tips, stories, and...cooking lessons.

Now I'm broadcasting in West Point at 71.29.140.135.

Lot of folks like it, and I'm enjoying to listen their stories and experiences from the game.

Making this show gives more...spirit and hope to the players. So the radios are now serve not just tactical but entertainment purpose too.

I wish there could be more live shows on other servers.

Well after about a week something called a "Media blackout" Happens And all the tvs and radios go away And some channels may still be up because they already have a set time and such but that would most likey only last a week or so

But fear not with the update comeing about with tvs cureing bordom And 

There will be vhs tabes But i'm guessing (Like real vhs tabes) They wear down and have a set of watchs

And a VCR player would be heavey Like a ham radio (Due to its vaule But thats just my guess) And vhs tabes would be light but a little hard to find But if you do find a VCR on a shelf or something like radios it could be places near a tv and you could watch recorded, T.V Shows to cure bordom, Work shows like: "How to Get your coin back from just dirt Episode one" Would be a farming vhs tabe and so on However yet I do think vhs players will ware out Or have to be cleaned with Cotton balls and rubbing alcohol And have the right electrical skill (1 or 2 is most likey makeing it more vauled) And i don't think there would be "Make shift vhs players" But hey they can happen

But i think Vhs tabes will happen later

(i i think i saw it on a new post this may happen but i don't remeber where i saw this)

You know like books but they don't wear out after one read (I find that werid anyway Soulden't be that if a book it read the first time you get the best from it And then the more you read it it the less plus

Bordom You get But hey that would be werid to code)

(Me being only 15 and knowing this stuff ha)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived