So I want to start creating my own map

Brex

Like the title says, I want to start creating my own map and buildings. I've never done it before, but I've got the time and I've got a decent enough computer, as well as some ideas for a town or two that I've been wanting to bring to life.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to begin. Thuztor's supposedly tell-all mapping guide is no longer accessible for some reason, so I'm not quite sure how to go about doing ANYTHING in relation to mapping.

Does anyone have another guide available, or perhaps a link to Thuztor's guide that actually works? Is mapping easy or hard? I'm an utter noob when it comes to mapping, so forgive me for being so confused.  

• 3 weeks later...

Get the feel for it and find out what it is you do best.

I had a knack for making Buildings but I found I was Not very good at decorating the streets and arranging the buildings.

Find out if youre a City planner or Architect you get me?

And If you have a talent for both of them then youre a gift and deserve all the help you can get lol.

It is important to note that the map making tools do in fact have a decent learning curve. I found that the biggest hurdle was just getting everything in game the first time. The second hurdle is just exploring and memorizing all the tiles you have available. 

• 4 months later...