Zombie Camo

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 10:15 PM, tommysticks said:

I don't know shit about making mods work for MP, so it'll only be single player. 

-I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. 

Socrates

Dude, Don't sell yourself short. :D Love your Gun mod! 

I have the camo system working, but I'm trying to decide what would be best way to acquire the camo in-game. Currently, this is how it works (not how I want finished product, but how I slapped it together):

Zeds have a chance to drop heart, brain, guts, and blood. 

Those items can be combined to make a new item,(using recipe system) Weak zed camo, Zed Camo, or Strong Zed Camo.

Stronger camo takes more ingredients. 

Camo wears off with time, how fast you move, rain, and attacking. 

What I want to refine is how the camo is made. I would like to change it where you right click on zed corpse and can mutilate body with either your hands or a blade. Then the zed camo body parts will drop. I was thinking about instead of crafting camo, that each piece can be consumed to just add to your camo. 

I also want to incorporate a sickness and infection system.

Input would be appreciated. 

Sounds pretty damn awesome already! :D 

You could maybe make it a recipe involving a corpse, and depending on what items you have, Knife, Hammer, Saw, Bare Hands, etc., depends on what items you can harvest.

Hydrocraft has a few recipes involving the corpses. Making coal, Liquefying a corpse.... Now I'm not saying to steal from Hydrocraft. Just citing it as inspiration. :P

Having all the items, you could get all the zombie parts.

But, speaking for myself, I'm pretty sure I could rip apart a rotting zombie, and bash it against the ground to get all the parts, but that would take more time, and effort. :D

And regarding Sickness and Infection, I'd say if you have a Tarp, or Garbage bag/Poncho,  you could make zombie camo that wouldn't have to be smeared directly upon yourself. Negating any risks. (Besides Olfactory hazards. ;) ) 

On 20.07.2017 at 5:07 PM, tommysticks said:

I have the camo system working, but I'm trying to decide what would be best way to acquire the camo in-game. Currently, this is how it works (not how I want finished product, but how I slapped it together):

Zeds have a chance to drop heart, brain, guts, and blood. 

Those items can be combined to make a new item,(using recipe system) Weak zed camo, Zed Camo, or Strong Zed Camo.

Stronger camo takes more ingredients. 

Camo wears off with time, how fast you move, rain, and attacking. 

What I want to refine is how the camo is made. I would like to change it where you right click on zed corpse and can mutilate body with either your hands or a blade. Then the zed camo body parts will drop. I was thinking about instead of crafting camo, that each piece can be consumed to just add to your camo. 

I also want to incorporate a sickness and infection system.

Input would be appreciated. 

Maybe,just add craft for butchering corpses,like it was did in Hydro?