PART ONE : FIRST AID SKILL

As everyone know, First aid skill are mostly useless. The only benefit from them is healing broken bones ( much faster,so much! )

So, i want to suggest some balancing,to make that skill must have for players.

1Increase the healing time with 0 level of First aid.

For example - with 5 level we apply bandage with 3 seconds.

So,with 0 level we will do that in..10 second?Maybe even 15 or 20? Panic will increase that time a lot.

2. Without any knowledge, a person can apply only poorly bandage.

About scratches / bites / burns 

First aid level 0 : you can apply poorly bandage. Healing time is very long,even for scratches. 

High risk of getting blood poisoning ( If this is scratch - only with maximum level of injury )

First aid level  1/2 : You can apply good bandages! Healing time depends on skill level.

First aid level 3/ more : You can apply good bandages! Healing time depends on skill level.

You can know grade of the injury 

About deep wounds :

First Aid level 0 : you can't sew your deep wound,only apply bandage and disinfect it.

First Aid level 1 / 2 : You can poorly stitch your deep wound (  only stops bleeding - need better stitch. Otherwise, after a while you may die from blood poisoning )

First Aid level  3 / more : You can sew deep wound good! Time depends on skill.

About broken limbs :

First aid level 0 : You can apply a splint, but it's bad. There is a danger that the bone will  recovery сrookedly ( Arm - less damage, foot - less speed ). Also,you can try to broke your bone again to avoid it,but that will cause lot of hurt,especially without first aid skill.

First  aid level 1 : Same,but faster healing time 

First aid level 2 / more : You can apply good splints! Time of healing depends on skill.

P.S "Knowing injury grade" already in the game and i know it,just can't don't mention that.

PART TWO : Bandages

I know that PZ has special parameter for bandages,called "Bandage power".  

1.Adhesive bandages

Make they only applicable to scratches,but increase healing rate more than other bandages,so adhesive bandages stop being useless.

UPD :

I just watch the wiki again and it says,that bandages has more "bandage power" that rags. I was wrong..

Bandage - bandage power 4 

Rag - bandage power 2

Adhesive bandage - 1.5

Edited by Drama_Setter

I find myself agreeing with your general statements, Drama_Setter. As of right now, the only way to reliably level your first aid skill is to self-inflict injuries... Maybe one out of every fifty buildings I get glass in my hands, I'm one of the few people in my group of friends who has a healthy respect for fire (just look at my username) so I never get burns... Sure I get scratches and bites, but those usually end up in death anyways. Though I did have a survivor live through two bites once... Truly an amazing man, he was.

I'm just not entirely sure how to approach the whole gaining experience aspect of first aid. It makes sense that you have to get injured to practice first aid, unless you're learning in an artificial environment, but I'm not sure how to make injuries more... commonplace? Again, it's a conundrum that is difficult to consider. Once NPCs are released, I imagine an entrepreneurial character will have a lot more people to practice first aid on. But until then, single player worlds seem to be devoid of any real opportunities to practice your medical skills...

Edited by FireOnAsphalt

51 minutes ago, FireOnAsphalt said:

I find myself agreeing with your general statements, Drama_Setter. As of right now, the only way to reliably level your first aid skill is to self-inflict injuries... Maybe one out of every fifty buildings I get glass in my hands, I'm one of the few people in my group of friends who has a healthy respect for fire (just look at my username) so I never get burns... Sure I get scratches and bites, but those usually end up in death anyways. Though I did have a survivor live through two bites once... Truly an amazing man, he was.

I'm just not entirely sure how to approach the whole gaining experience aspect of first aid. It makes sense that you have to get injured to practice first aid, unless you're learning in an artificial environment, but I'm not sure how to make injuries more... commonplace? Again, it's a conundrum that is difficult to consider. Once NPCs are released, I imagine an entrepreneurial character will have a lot more people to practice first aid on. But until then, single player worlds seem to be devoid of any real opportunities to practice your medical skills...

Lack of opportunity to practice make that skill much more rare,that's why i suggest balance it - skill didn't stop being rare,but also stop being useless.

So,people will have a reason to take the medic profession,instead of carpenter / other profession,because without at least 3 lvl of medicine - they will die more often.