Questions on building

Vandelay

I have been working on building a shed separate from my base, and I've had a couple problems with sealing it off. I have built four connecting walls and laid wooden floor in it, but I still am getting grass and bushes growing in it. I'm guessing the problem is that I don't have a roof, because it also rains in it. The only roof that I see available is a Metal Roof, but when I try to use that, it is laying flooring not roofing. What's the trick here?

1 hour ago, Vandelay said:

I have been working on building a shed separate from my base, and I've had a couple problems with sealing it off. I have built four connecting walls and laid wooden floor in it, but I still am getting grass and bushes growing in it. I'm guessing the problem is that I don't have a roof, because it also rains in it. The only roof that I see available is a Metal Roof, but when I try to use that, it is laying flooring not roofing. What's the trick here?

Grass growing through the player built floor is probably a bug. Far as building a roof goes, I always build some stairs, build a roof and demolish the stairs. If there is a better way, I never heard about it.

1 minute ago, Svarog said:

Grass growing through the player built floor is probably a bug. Far as building a rood goes, I always build some stairs, build a roof and demolish the stairs. If there is a better way, I never heard about it.

Thanks much for the fast response. Glad to know I wasn't missing anything after all.

Archived