Additional Sandbox Options

Joshnpk

Don't know if I'm too late to suggest some extra sandbox option but I have two suggestions.

Zed numbers increase without respawn.

Could we please have a sandbox option so that you can start with low zombie numbers and have them increase up until the peak population day without having to have respawn on? I don't know how complicated this would be to implement but at it's most crudest could we not just have an option in sandbox to have respawn on until peak population day? so basically respawn is on up until the game reaches what ever day the player has set as the peak population day.

Variable zed migration.

Could we have an option for variable zed migration? Instead of having it set to 24 hours or 72 hours for instance it could be set as 24 to 72 hours, 12 to 36 hours etc. This way zombies migrating to fill an area that has been cleared out would not be so predictable as it is now.

Edited by Joshnpk

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

So, effectively, add a "Disable respawn after peak-day" check box?

I'd be down with that. @RobertJohnson

I think it actually works like that by default. Zombies will increase their numbers until peak population is reached even with respawn being off. I could be wrong but I played with that kind of settings a lot and zombies increased until peak and then just didn't respawn if it was off.

Edit: Tested, zombie population will reach peak population in unseen cells without respawn but will remain at initial levels in visited areas. So I wasn't entirely right.

Edited by Svarog

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

So, effectively, add a "Disable respawn after peak-day" check box?

I'd be down with that. @RobertJohnson

Yes exactly that as well as variable migration. So zombies will migrate at 24 hours and then the next time at 72 hours for instance instead of it just being a static time.

2 hours ago, Svarog said:

I think it actually works like that by default. Zombies will increase their numbers until peak population is reached even with respawn being off. I could be wrong but I played with that kind of settings a lot and zombies increased until peak and then just didn't respawn if it was off.

Edit: Tested, zombie population will reach peak population in unseen cells without respawn but will remain at initial levels in visited areas. So I wasn't entirely right.

Yes I last played a few months ago and the numbers of zombies would only increase if I had respawn on.

10 minutes ago, Joshnpk said:

Yes I last played a few months ago and the numbers of zombies would only increase if I had respawn on.

I remember that zombies from populated cells used to fill unpopulated ones, lately I've been wondering if that feature still works or if something broke it because I haven't seen it happen in recent Builds.

• 1 month later...