Unexplained Death. WTF????

Kimdownunder

Question

Can anyone tell me what just happened to me? I've never experienced this. I'm playing with the latest version (37.14??) and all has been good. I started a session, was trying to disassemble some furniture and got a balloon saying I was queasy, and then I had a mild injury, although Id been doing nothing. I went to the treatment screen and yes, there was an injury but I could not treat it. I just got worse, the broken limb icon appeared, I finally just died. OK, had I been anywhere near any zombies recently I'd understand. But I've just lost a bloody good game situation for what looks like a bug.

I'm annoyed as hell.

Is this a bug? A random act of mayhem from the developers? Someone, please tell me.

thanks

Kim

later: I reloaded the same game and, with a new character, found my old home and gear, along with my old character's corpse. Not zombified.

RATHLORD, looks like you got similar complaints way back in 2015? Did it ever get tracked down?

5 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Kimdownunder said:

Can anyone tell me what just happened to me? I've never experienced this. I'm playing with the latest version (37.14??) and all has been good. I started a session, was trying to disassemble some furniture and got a balloon saying I was queasy, and then I had a mild injury, although Id been doing nothing. I went to the treatment screen and yes, there was an injury but I could not treat it. I just got worse, the broken limb icon appeared, I finally just died. OK, had I been anywhere near any zombies recently I'd understand. But I've just lost a bloody good game situation for what looks like a bug.

I'm annoyed as hell.

Is this a bug? A random act of mayhem from the developers? Someone, please tell me.

thanks

Kim

later: I reloaded the same game and, with a new character, found my old home and gear, along with my old character's corpse. Not zombified.

RATHLORD, looks like you got similar complaints way back in 2015? Did it ever get tracked down?

Weird... the other explanations in this thread seem rational, but I keep a cheat mod in case a bug or glitch leads to my character getting a life-threatening injury.

10 hours ago, Kimdownunder said:

I went to the treatment screen and yes, there was an injury but I could not treat it.

What exactly was this injury? Because I think that unnoticed injury became infected (not zombie infected but wound infection), which resulted in your eventual death.

55 minutes ago, Drama_Setter said:

Maybe you eated raw / rotten food before,or drinked dirty water

( unboiled water from river )

Yeah, this sounds like poisoning. It can also be caused by eating certain berries/mushrooms. I think running a generator indoors can also cause something like this.

Archived